Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Pylon

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭notel70

http://www.galwaynews.ie/13530-council-investigation-finds-no-planning-breach-city-pylon-site
    A City Council investigation into alleged breaches of planning at the site of an ESB pylon in Knocknacarra has found that the ESB is within its planning permission.
    Last month, the Enforcement section of the Planning Department received a complaint from a concerned resident.
    Enforcement officers carried out an inspection of the site and found that the ESB is within the limits of its planning permission, which was granted by An Bord Pleanála.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

The ESB and Galway Corporation aren't too bothered about what happens around Westside, and neither are our elected representatives.

When the ESB put up their new walls at the Shantalla Road/Seamus Quirke Road junction, the corpo should have CPO's a section of the site and widened the junction, at the same time opening up the corner and making the whole lot safer.

That work was done around the time of the last city elections, and none of the candidates did anything about it (to the best of my knowledge) despite it being mentioned when they were doorstepping.

So why is everyone suprised by the building of the pylon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Not too sure what the heck people are complaining about. There has been power cables around the westside pitches as long as I have lived here (26 years), that includes before the pitches were there. The pylons have only replaced the old wooden poles that were there in the first place and, I might add, the poles that carried the cables right across the pitches. Now, if high tension cables stretched across playing fields where kids are playing and even flying kites is safer than burying them underground, then I'll eat my proverbial hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Fey! wrote: »
    The ESB and Galway Corporation aren't too bothered about what happens around Westside, and neither are our elected representatives.

When the ESB put up their new walls at the Shantalla Road/Seamus Quirke Road junction, the corpo should have CPO's a section of the site and widened the junction, at the same time opening up the corner and making the whole lot safer.

That work was done around the time of the last city elections, and none of the candidates did anything about it (to the best of my knowledge) despite it being mentioned when they were doorstepping.

So why is everyone suprised by the building of the pylon?
    See now this is an utterly idiotic post, please do tell us why you think the corpo should have taken over a piece of the site that the ESB actually extended their substation onto.

The walls were not built for the fun of it although you may think they were

Advertisement