Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contemporary Rock Recommendations Needed!

Options
  • 26-05-2010 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am an avid Rock and Metal listener, however mainly older music. Favourite bands inc. (but not limited to) Led Zeppelin FTW, AC/DC, The Move, Kansas, Blue Oyster Cult, Rush, Alice in Chains, The Ramones, Ted Nugent, Pixies, Iron Maiden, Megadeath, Judas Priest, Metallica, Motorhead, CCR, Cream, Humble Pie etc.

At the moment I am looking for more contemproary rock bands, along the line of Queens of the Stone Age, Foo Fighters, The Dead Weather etc.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

can I suggest Airbourne?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

If you like Rush.. Perhaps modern Prog and Metal bands such as Dream Theater, Opeth, Tool and Porcupine Tree would be worth checking out.. Also those 4 bands will open up a whole world of other bands such as Pain Of Salvation, A Perfect Circle, Between the Buried and Me, Devin Townsend and Meshuggah:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Pain of Salvation's latest is a lot more Rock than previous outings, so might suit well.

I'd also highly recommend checking out Green Carnation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Definitely Porcupine Tree and pain Of Salvation.
    Thinkinh about it, all mentioned bands so far are fantastic.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,051 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

You might as well check out Opeth while your at it( for the metal) blackwater park is a good a start as any!
    svn fngrs by frank black is brilliant.
    Biffy Clyro are a good band also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

You probably know these two already but...

Them Crooked Vultures

Wolfmother

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

System Of A Down are a daycent band imo

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭The_D_Man

The Crooked Vultures album is very good alright. You should listen to some post-rock..like The Mars Volta or Casbian(listen to Moksha by Casbian...****ing spine-tingling!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

yeah System Of A Down is a good shout.

I also echo the suggestions of Biffy Clyro (probably my favourite rock band), Porcupine Tree, Tool, A Perfect Circle and Opeth (if you're looking to tread the waters of more metal stuff)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,051 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

System Of A Down are a daycent band imo
    I am longtime fan, great highly original and riffs that have the ability to make you laugh!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement