Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KING LEAR SINGLE TEXT

Options
  • 26-05-2010 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Any predictions? :D
    Do you's think 'Lear: A man more sinned against than sinning' would come up??
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Yep I think so, a question about Lear himself was on my mock paper that 'man more sinn'd against than sinning' was a perfect answer.

Would be fantastic if it appears on 10th

Then there are questions about the key themes:
    Love
    Redemption
    Nature
    Good vs. evil
    Filial ingratitude

And of course questions on imagery

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

The Fool has also been tipped!
    Him as a character and his role in the play eg. imagery he uses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

Victoria. wrote: »
    Him as a character and his role in the play eg. imagery he uses

Yep, we were told this aswell. I think it could be a possibility...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Victoria. wrote: »
    Him as a character and his role in the play . imagery he uses
    He hasn't come by himself in like 20+ years/everyone would fail that Q. As such, hardy likely:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭fauxshow

My teacher was saying that if the Fool did come up it would probably be alongside Kent as they both played similar roles, with maybe Edgar thrown in aswell. Really wouldn't say it's very likely though!

TBH I think for the single text if you have an understanding of the play, read through notes on each scene when you're revising obviously paying closer attention to the major ones, like Act I Scene I, storm scene etc, look at some notes on the characters and learn a list of quotes you'll be able to handle whatever's thrown at you on the day... I think it's the one question where for me anyway learning off essays and doing out essays etc doesn't really work. If you understand the play and know your quotes and are just careful NOT to give a summary of the play in your answer but to offer some analysis you'll be grand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭McGarnagle92

does anyone have any key quotations for the fool? just one or two

also IMO
    I wouldn't study The Fool for a separate character question, if he comes up at all I think it will be along with Lear.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭CantStandMeNow

does anyone have any key quotations for the fool? just one or two

also IMO
    I wouldn't study The Fool for a separate character question, if he comes up at all I think it will be along with Lear.

Yeah it won't be a question on the character of the fool. If it comes up it will be on his role in the play so you won't just have to focus on his character you can talk about the effect he has etc. The same goes for all minor characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭madlad88

i wouldnt rule out a question on cordelia coming up, came up a few years ago aswell:rolleyes:

Advertisement