Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a puppy

Options
  • 26-05-2010 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi,I am looking for a puppy in the Limerick area for my daughter.I've checked with a few rescue groups and they haven't ones suitable(too big or not suitable for children).I live in a townhouse so would need something small to medium once fully grown.Our back garden is fully secure and we live across the street from the park and around the corner from our vet.So the pup would get more than enough exercise and health care,as well as a very loving home.So if anyone knows of any being given away send me a pm my way.Thanks in advanced.
    Ron

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Ron, have you already tried Limerick animal welfare?
    If so and they don't have any pup suitable now could you wait as I'm sure they would come up trumps in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Ronan_Eoghan

Hi Millie,
    I have checked with LAW and gave them my contact number if one comes available but for the moment they have nothing suitable really,most are/will grow to large dogs or they aren't really suitable for a toddler.If we had a bigger place then could go for a bigger breed as my daughter had 3 large playmates when we lived in the States(cocker,kerry blue,and blue heeler were her playmates).I've also checked with a few other rescue groups outside Limerick,so will just have to see if anything bears fruit.But jusst wanted to throw it out there that I am looking for a pup if anyone has any they want rehomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭namurt

Have you tried the rehoming section on here? Might be worth a look.

Hi Namurt,
    I have looked through those sections and have found a few that I sent pms to,so hoping someone will get back in touch with me.Heh,until then the search goes on..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

irishdogs.ie Click find a dog, 10000000s of em :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Limerick animal welfare might not have what you're looking for right now but dogs of all shapes and sizes come in to rescue so it's only a matter of time.
    There's also a homes needed section on irishanimals.ie with photos and info. on dogs.
    It's worth taking your time in choosing the right one will come along.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

How old is your daughter, Ronan?

My daughter is 2 1/2,she's quiet enough,not at all boisterous or anything.she's mad about all animals,but more so for dogs and horses.Now, I understand some people will say she's too young or she'll grow out of the phase.and even if that was to be the case,it wouldn't change the circumstances of the pup and it's life with my family,in other words it won't be loved any less.
    Please don't take me wrong as coming off hostile or defensive,because I'm not.I'm just stating how sincere my reasons for wanting a pup is.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

fend wrote: »
    irishdogs.ie Click find a dog, 10000000s of em :D

Irishdogs.ie doesnt have dogs for sale, it only has a link to donedeal.ie thats all.

Yeah I've checked DoneDeal.ie and only found alot of scams from people advertising dogs around my area living in places like the US,Pakistan,South Africa.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

There is the East Galway Animal Rescue, don't know if they have any small dogs.

We're going on holiday tomorrow for a couple of weeks and at the boarding kennel where I left my pets they had a 10 week old japanese spitz for sale - I got to meet her and she was lovely. Very white and fluffy, very good natured little thing. Woofs & Wags near Tuam.

My daughter is 2 1/2,she's quiet enough,not at all boisterous or anything.she's mad about all animals,but more so for dogs and horses.Now, I understand some people will say she's too young or she'll grow out of the phase.and even if that was to be the case,it wouldn't change the circumstances of the pup and it's life with my family,in other words it won't be loved any less.
    Please don't take me wrong as coming off hostile or defensive,because I'm not.I'm just stating how sincere my reasons for wanting a pup is.:)

No need to get defensive. The reason I asked is simple: alot of rescues, including myself, have the policy of not rehoming to families with children under a certain age.

I don't know what LAW's policy is in that regard.

Xiney wrote: »
    There is the East Galway Animal Rescue, don't know if they have any small dogs.

Thanks for the plug :), the only pups I have at present are Collie x Retriever - NOT suitable :).

Advertisement