Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Ireland

Options
  • 26-05-2010 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I am an irish citizen currently living in the states. My wife is american and we have a child.

My question is if we decide to move back can i just book a one way ticket. Would we have any trouble at the airport. I have already been in touch with the department and once my wife is in ireland it is pretty straight forward so that she can work etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

I have a suggestion

Why not book a return flight for maybe 3 months and test the waters here

You know the saying :

Its all fun and games till someone loses and Eye ?

Well Ireland has lost an eye and could lose another one pretty soon

I know its not answering your Question but just a heads up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Toress13

I know things are not very good right now in ireland. This is more of a long term decision.

My question was more will we be refused entry if i purchase a single ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

:confused:

You're an irish citizen and she's your wife, you can stay as long as you like. Nobodies going to require you to return to the us if you dont want to.

(how long have you been in the US?).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Just fyi, return tickets are usually cheaper than one way (weird, I know).

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Tbh its more of a question is there a chance your wife can get a job.

As the wife of an Irish Citizen, she can stay here as long as she wants, She just has to register for an Alien card

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Toress13

Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.

Advertisement