Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Deposit On Apartments

Options
  • 26-05-2010 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I only want opinions here, just to gauge a situation I find myself in.
    I am living in a rented apartment for a long time now (much longer than the original lease) and am soon moving to another aprtment in the ocmplex as agreed with the management. However, they have asked me for a deposit for the new apartment I want to move to and to give 30 days notice on my existing one.
    So in summary:
    They hold my deposit from apartment A already
    They want a new deposit for apartment B
    They will leave Apartment B idle while they say I have to gve 30 days notice on apartment A

I want to ask them why they don't just let me move to the new apartment B, inspect my apartment A as soon as they are ready (as the apartment is the same as it was when I moved in - great condition) and hang on to the deposit.

Is this an unreasonable request by me or is it standard?
    This is the only apartment I ever lived in and I would rather keep it simple, besides, I don't really feel comfortable having two deposits belonging to me in circulation with one agency for one complex.

Thoughts welcome
    Thanks
    Irish

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

I think this thread can be disregarded as I spoke to the management and I have learned that the landlords on the apartments are different, therefore, one deposit is not transferrable to another and landlore A requires his 30 days notice

Advertisement