Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropping the kilos - a 2 week diary

Options
  • 26-05-2010 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭

Over the past 6-7 weeks I started running & eating healthily. Some size has fallen off, not necessarily weight, but thats fine.

In the last 2 weeks the fat loss has slowed down where I feel very little change has occurred.

As such I am going to log my diet & exercise, firstly just for standard logging reasons, and secondly to see if people spot some things I should change.

In 2 weeks I will have a minor operation, after which I'll be unable to run for around 1-2 weeks, then I'm back into it again.

I am using a heart rate monitor for the running. I don't keep track on the distance, just the time and the heart rate.

OK, some relevant data:
    male, age 35, weight 97kg, target: 90kg (in phase 1, more later)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

Tuesday 25 May
    Breakfast: bowl of muesli ,low fat milk. Cappuccino on way to work
    Lunch: Large leaf salad with Weight Watchers italian dressing
    Dinner: braised beef in asian sauce (about 150grams) & vege stir fry
    Snacks: 1 or 2 apples in the morning, cup of soup in the afternon.

1 hour flat run, average HR 77%

Wednesday 26 May
    Breakfast: bowl of muesli, low fat milk. Cappuccino on way to work
    Lunch: 2 minute noodles (pot noodle kind of thing). 2 low fat yoghurts.
    Afternoon snack, brown bread sandwich with marmite
    Dinner: Fillet steak & chips & sauce, 3 glasses of wine (was out for dinner)

Not a great day food wise. Back to the good stuff tomorrow.

No run.

Should also add my day job involves sitting at a PC all day, so the running is the only exercise i get to do.

Not a good day today

Thursday 27 May
    Brekky: Bowl of muesli, cappuccino
    Lunch: Asian Chicken Salad (ready-made from supermarket), low fat yoghurt
    Afternoon: 1 beer & small chicken burger thing at a work event
    Dinner: Beef Mince with a mexican stir-in sauce & white rice
    Evening: Coffee and a Magnum ice-cream

Felt like crap for eating that stuff, plus having the less than perfect day before.

Did some reading on a website about what kind of foods I should be eating. I've been fairly haphazardly eating good things, but not really concentrating on stuff with low fat & good protein.
    I also think the muesli I am eating is not a good one. It's a cheap crappy one from ALDI. Probably full of fat, will check that later.

No run.

Friday 28 May

Breakfast: bowl of muesli & lite milk
    Lunch: leaf salad, weight watchers french dressing, 2 low fat yoghurts
    Afternoon: Banana & an apple
    Dinner: stir fry chicken in maranade (home made), veg and noodles

45 minute flat run: avg heart rate 77%

Saturday 29 May

Brekky: Muesli & lite milk
    Lunch: Banana, ham & cream cheese sandwich wholegrain bread, yoghurt
    Afternoon: bit of leftover mince & rice, small portion, apple
    Dinner: Stir fried beef & veg
    Evening: 2 beers

Being Saturday evening & kids in bed early I couldn't resist a relaxing beer. Not a bad day really except for the beers.

Run: 45 minutes hilly run on a designated forest track with several stops for exercises (jumps, chin-ups, sit-ups). Avg. HR 78%

• Advertisement

Sunday 30 May

Breakfast: muesli & lite milk
    Lunch: various bits of fruit, apple, banana
    Afternoon: more fruit (forgot to have lunch, so was just eating bits of fruit here & there)
    Dinner: Stir fry beef & veg. glass of coke

35 minute fast run with some sprints. Avg HR around 81%

Still not feeling any different. Wasn't a great week diet wise, with some definite blemishes, but am not sure as to whether they would prevent any weight loss...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Are you training with a goal in mind such as a race/marathon? If you're just looking to lose weight then would you consider doing intervals the odd time instead of just long distance? e.g. Sprint 1 min, jog 2 min for half an hour.

Have you though about joining a gym at all? You would see results much quicker than by just running.

Advertisement