Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Fish and Chips Day

• 26-05-2010 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Half Price Fish and Chips at all ITICA Chippers Nationwide today to mark National Fish and Chips Day but according to their website they only have one location in Waterford, The Marrion Take-Away on Upper Yellow Road.

http://itica.ie/member-list.html

That's a bit out of the way for me. Is there any other chippers that you know of that are supporting this campaign today?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

i asked on Facebook earlier and all anyone was saying was the Marian, 4 euro for fish and chips!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

i passed the chipper out by the surf school in tramore today and they had a half price fish an chip sign up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭skinnyboy

I just passed the marion about twenty minutes ago and the place was packed,que was out the door..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

chipper advertises cut price ray
    no ray bought on day
    so as they expected I bought the fresh cod and chips
    that cod is truelly a cod
    and it may have been fresh once
    but not recently
    looking forward to not using these smart asses again for along time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Was that a sonnet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

mojor wrote: »
    Half Price Fish and Chips at all ITICA Chippers Nationwide today to mark National Fish and Chips Day but according to their website they only have one location in Waterford, The Marrion Take-Away on Upper Yellow Road.

http://itica.ie/member-list.html

That's a bit out of the way for me. Is there any other chippers that you know of that are supporting this campaign today?

Doubt it, isn't he the only Italian chipper owner in town :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

I thought it was funny that people would probably expect fresh fish when they order fish n chips today. The chipper on the strand in tramore was sponsored by curran foods, who only deal with frozen fish!

dermo909 wrote: »
    I thought it was funny that people would probably expect fresh fish when they order fish n chips today. The chipper on the strand in tramore was sponsored by curran foods, who only deal with frozen fish!

Once the chips are fresh and not reheated i'm happy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Woodgate

moonpurple wrote: »
    chipper advertises cut price ray
    no ray bought on day
    so as they expected I bought the fresh cod and chips
    that cod is truelly a cod
    and it may have been fresh once
    but not recently
    looking forward to not using these smart asses again for along time
    where?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Doubt it, isn't he the only Italian chipper owner in town :confused:
    I know of at least another 2, Ballybricken Takeaway & Danny's in Barrack Obama Street. Possibly that one Stalio's on Dunmore Road is aswell, not sure, too late now anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Woodgate wrote: »
    I know of at least another 2, Ballybricken Takeaway & Danny's in Barrack Obama Street. Possibly that one Stalio's on Dunmore Road is aswell, not sure, too late now anyway.

I thought the Ballybricken moved to the Marion.

What about Cleaboy? Is that still there?

Woodgate wrote: »

Last weeks news and the star had a page on him and said he was the only :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Last weeks news and the star had a page on him and said he was the only :confused:

He might be the only member of that association but he's certainly not the only Italian owner. Sure the lads in the Cleaboy are Italian and are there years. Well they're Sicilian so mightn't appreciate being called Italian but they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

Tonys in the glen to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Nifdy

Yaay! :)

Advertisement