Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taco Fries

Options
  • 26-05-2010 3:21pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I tried these (late one night not entirely sans gargle) and they were great. Supermacs I think.

Where are the best ones for sale in the city? Would you eat them sober?

p.s. Fish still sucks :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Abras are nice, and no I wouldnt eat them sober, with a few whiskeys in me though? food crafted by the gods themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭steve22

taco fries/chips are great even when sober... the best ones are from a proper takeaway or chipper... although supermacs ones are pretty good anyway! think ill go get some now actually.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

homer_simpson.jpg

Mmmm, taco fries!

The old Lobster Pot used do great taco fries.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

bazz26 wrote: »
    Mmmm, taco fries!

The old Lobster Pot used do great taco fries.

They're gone. :mad:

I was only thinking of the Old Lobster Pot when I saw this thread. They were nice but Taco chips are so frickin' expensive. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Berty wrote: »
    They're gone. :mad:

I was only thinking of the Old Lobster Pot when I saw this thread. They were nice but Taco chips are so frickin' expensive. :mad:

Weren't they replaced by that New Yorker place now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

the ones in abrakebabra are great but that damn jedward add has made me hate the shop now :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Taco chips are nice when drunk - not so nice sober.

Curry Cheese chips are the nicest all the time (drunk or sober) - Supermacs do the best one

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

It turns back into the Lobster Pot every nite doesnt it?Only recently got a greasy chip there a few weeks back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

The Lobster Pot menu is still available in New York Pizza! :D

RonMexico wrote: »
    The Lobster Pot menu is still available in New York Pizza! :D

Same ownership, never changed.

It was not a good idea re-branding it but they wanted to do Pizza. I quoted them on the equipment but my prices were laughed at. :D

They had a sign, maybe still have it, on the window saying "Lobster Pot Food STILL being served".

A big plate of chips loaded with salt and vinegar with a battered sausage and a bottle of coke. Beltin' :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Abras are definitely the best. Wouldn't chance them from a chipper, did this in Tipp once and i was soooooo wrong. eugh. Abras are best drunk, but fairly decent sober too. supermacs stuff is way too salty,

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

I saw this thread and my mouth instantly watered.

I love Taco Fries and if they are on the menu when at a takeaway I will usually have them.
    Twice I have had the Taco Fries at the chippy in Grove Island and both times I could not finish them. They were yummy and fantastic value for money.
    The Taco Fries in Abrakebabra, Ennis are far superior to the Taco Fries in Abrakebabra Limerick.
    The Taco Fries in Supermacs should come with a health warning. Edible but not great.
    I'm hungry now after that - I feel a Taco Fries is called for this weekend!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Gaarrr Droool! I dont get plastered drunk while out in the city these days but in my younger days would get locked and head into the lobster pot for garlic chips
    or Abrakebabra for Taco fries. Both places being great
    both drunk or sober (although the Lobster pot in the old days did tend to smell horrid which I could only assume
    came from the used netting they used on the ceiling to decourate the place, had to force myself to put up with the awful smell in the place as the food was sooooo awesome)

Slattery's only a few hundred yards away from home has
    been the place I've been getting my Taco Fries of late since
    I tend to just drink my cans at home and watch the telly these days, Not as good as Abrakebabra but most satisfying.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Yeah Slatterys Taco chips are pretty good but think the chilli could do with a bit more kick. Abra and Supermacs are both better I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I'll eat 'em sober or drunk, haven't found better than Abra yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Abra are streets ahead when it comes to Taco fries although they are way to pricey.

I've be eating them since Abra was on William Street, i've tried them in Youghal, Tralee and a few places in Dublin but have to say that our own franchise on O'Connell street is by far the best of the lot.

If there is one thing i miss off the Abra menu in Limerick (you can get them elsewhere in other franchises) is the chicken escalope kebab. Chicken escalope, cabbage and garlic sauce, yum.

I miss the hotdogs too, they use to do them in the cuisine de france rolls and you could also get a taco hotdog.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Not many People know this but the real story needs to be told.

The Bouncers outside AbraKebabra are actually there mainly to stop sober People from going into the place. This is because their menu tastes best when seen in double-vision in a swaying room :D

* Now with edit so it actually makes some sense - Thanks LimerickCity!!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'm most unhappy I started this thread now - I want some! :D

p.s. Is the Grove Island chipper ok for them? Last ones I got were in Cheap as chips - Mulgrave St. Not great tbh. Turkuaz don't put any meat in theirs. Not their finest menu item.

I'm most unhappy I started this thread now - I want some! :D

p.s. Is the Grove Island chipper ok for them? Last ones I got were in Cheap as chips - Mulgrave St. Not great tbh. Turkuaz don't put any meat in theirs. Not their finest menu item.

Cheap as chips has been bought out by The Snack Shack so the quality of food there will change.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Raiser wrote: »
    Not many People know this but the real story needs to be told.

The Bouncers outside Abracadabra are actually there mainly to stop sober People from going into the place. This is because their menu tastes best when seen in double-vision in a swaying room :D

Bouncers outside the magic shop. Wow

• Advertisement

Im going to get a Taco chip from the chipper in Castleconnel tonight. I will report back when my bowels calm down. :D

Screw this thread forcing me to eat fatty food.

Im going to get a Taco chip from the chipper in Castleconnel tonight. I will report back when my bowels came down. :D

Screw this thread forcing me to eat fatty food.

You're sending your Bowels out for Fast Food?

You're sending your Bowels out for Fast Food?

Damnit! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

p.s. Is the Grove Island chipper ok for them?

Oh Yes! Yummmmy. They are a meal on their own so if you order anything with them you will struggle. I have yet to finish a portion of Taco Fries from there.

Enjoy!

After hours of intensive searching I have discovered that the supplier of RabidKebabras Taco Sauce is actually this Company

At a guess I reckon we may have to buy in a couple of Pallets of Taco Mayonnaise on this page?

After hours of intensive searching I have discovered that the supplier of RabidKebabras Taco Sauce is actually this Company

At a guess I reckon we may have to buy in a couple of Pallets of Taco Mayonnaise on this page?

I turned them down for a job 3 weeks ago. They are supposed to make the best sauces and builloins around, pricey as well. They have their own in house chefs so I can imagine the quality is very high.

Hmmm there is also a keabish place in Castleconnel as well. Torn now between the Taco and the Kebab?

Both? Do I dare? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I turned them down for a job 3 weeks ago. They are supposed to make the best sauces and builloins around, pricey as well. They have their own in house chefs so I can imagine the quality is very high.

Hmmm there is also a keabish place in Castleconnel as well. Torn now between the Taco and the Kebab?

ya know ya want to,you can buy me a chip while you're at it and drop it over :cool:

We can help with that Sir.

- How many Beers are you sinking and in what timeframe?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

LadyTBolt wrote: »
    Oh Yes! Yummmmy. They are a meal on their own so if you order anything with them you will struggle. I have yet to finish a portion of Taco Fries from there (Grove Island).

Enjoy!

Good call. They were indeed lovely. €5 but still good. I finished them too :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Oh, taco fries how do I love thee? I'm pretty much in a monogamous relationship with the one's from Abrakestabya though, they do it for me every time!

Advertisement