Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The square head on you"

Options
  • 26-05-2010 4:16pm

This'll probably get closed because it's basically another scumbag thread but I got called this today. :D I was walking past Gleesons shop in Glentworth Street and a poor excuse for humanity asked me for some spare change. I totally blanked him and the dear sensitive darling got a little upset before letting rip with his hilarious retort. After I got to a safe distance I started laughing at him. I'm just wondering what "gems" you've heard around the city lately? It depresses me that when the good weather comes I go out and there's all this crap around town.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Your not german soldier from WWII or a Rugby Jock are ya ?
    They would be two types that I would associate that phrase from.

Phrase I think was a phrase used to insult the germans during the war.
    although I remember hearing it used all the time to describe the stereotypical image
    of a rugby player in secondary school.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

It wasn't lately, it was about 10 years ago now, but was coming out of bruce college with a mate, who was carrying a folder, group of scrotes walking past come out with "Hahaha Watch him off with his knowledge"

I just burst out laughing there and then, it was hilarious.

bullets wrote: »
    Your not german soldier from WWII or a Rugby Jock are ya ?
    They would be two types that I would associate that phrase from.

Phrase I think was a phrase used to insult the germans during the war.
    although I remember hearing it used all the time to describe the stereotypical image
    of a rugby player in secondary school.

~B
    :D Not a jock but I was wearing a footie shirt. As for being a Nazi well who knows? Maybe in a previous life.

Speaking of Nazis, Hitler had the right idea as regards these kind of people. Extermination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

foinse wrote: »
    It wasn't lately, it was about 10 years ago now, but was coming out of bruce college with a mate, who was carrying a folder, group of scrotes walking past come out with "Hahaha Watch him off with his knowledge"

That's actually a cracker :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Without any proof that the head in question is indeed not square, I do not think that we can accept the OP's tale. :)

Also the footy top needs to confirmed as either a good top, or one that deserved some ribbing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Kess73 wrote: »
    Without any proof that the head in question is indeed not square, I do not think that we can accept the OP's tale. :)

Brantley Loud Owl spotted on Gleesons CCTV

m_pf_18.jpg

Scary thing is that the same scrotes still probably walk past kids coming from similar places nowadays and still laugh at them.

Love the use of the word scrotes btw, used to hear it being said the whole time when I worked in Belfast for a few months, but have not heard it as much in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Heard a young pj wearing umpa lumpa say this to a girl waiting at a bus stop, in her finest skanger accent. "What ya looking at? Am I wearing something belong to ya?"

Berty wrote: »
    Brantley Loud Owl spotted on Gleesons CCTV

m_pf_18.jpg

The begger was incorrect so.

Now if he has said "The rectangular head on you..." :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Was reading through the Overheard in Dublin Site a while back and one of the stories was about a Skanky Ma to her poor Child after they picked a book off a shelf for a glance - "Oh Jesus, will ya put down da buke - Don't ya know ya can't evun read.......???"

Another one was a Kid looking for a juice drink being told "Fooks sake, amn't I up here queuing with yer Coke?"

No hope from birth :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

LOVE IT!!!!!

LMAO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

It wasn't said to me, but my friends were driving and they had stopped and these scumbags started saying stuff to them and they just started laughing at them and one of the scumbags turns around and goes 'what are you laughin at, i'll sh*t on your head' ....i think i laughed for about ten minutes when i heard that..

You know it dawned on me he might not have said square after all...it might have been "quare" as in queer. Oops! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

You know it dawned on me he might not have said square after all...it might have been "quare" as in queer. Oops! :o

You should have told him if he had more of a "quare" head on him, he might make more money sucking off truckers than begging in Glentworth street :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Hmmm, perhaps we are dealing with a problem to do with aesthetics rather than geometry?

- Or did he mean you've a striking resemblance to Elton John or George Michael etc. :D

Advertisement