Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have a bit of a problem....

Options
  • 26-05-2010 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭

Right i have a 3gs on 3.1.2, have it unlocked and jailbroken from blackra1n.

So the problem is, a friend of mine accidentally turned it off last night (meaning i had to jailbreak it again) but when i try it says

"This application has failed to start because ASL.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

And then in iTunes it says the phone is in recovery mode and needs to be restored but can only be restored if i search and install the newest software (3.1.3) but i cant because i need it to be unlocked!

Anyone have any advice or know what the best thing to do is? I'm away forthe summer and need the phone to keep in touch back home!

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

Sounds like you installed Itunes 9.1

try removing your itunes 9.1 and replace it with older itunes then reinstall blackra1n and jailbreak your iphone.. or try using blackbreeze

I hav't tried it and i did not need it but here is how it goes :

BlackBreeze is out from iH8sn0w
    it will fix the issue in blackra1n on windows with itunes 9.1
    http://ih8sn0w.com/index.php/welcome.snow
    download it
    run it
    point it at the original blackra1n rc3
    tell it where to save the new blackra1n rc3
    replace old one with the fixed one
    make it ra1n!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

You are a life saver! just got it fixed, thanks very much. I did update itunes, forgot totally!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

You are welcome. This is why we are here. :)

Advertisement