Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Android system using 96% of battery??

• 26-05-2010 4:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    My HTC desire is.t great on battery life at all. Granted I've been playing around with it a lot but still seems to drain very quickly.

In settings/usage it says that the Android system is using 96 percent of power. Is this normal? Seems very high to me.

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Mine is currently 52%, been unplugged for 7 hours.

Cell standby 36%
    Phone Idle 33%
    Android 18%
    Display 6%
    Others 7%

I have the android power widget sand htc widget for mobile on a home screen.

Wifi is turned off whne not in wifi area. GPS and bluetooth are always off unless they are being used.

Mobile data is on most of the day and synchronisation is usually off but I sometimes turn it on for a while in the morning to refresh twitter, facebook etc.

I've also set the various apps to synch every 6 hours or once per day etc...

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Mine says 94%. I may be wrong but I think thats an overall for the time the phone has been running/in use. Also, if you select 'Android System' it'll give you a run down of all the processes and apps that have been running in that time (which make up that %)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭djgaillimh

It's relative to what you've been doing and how long it's been off charge.

If you unplugged it hours ago, then it's safe to say that's very, very high.

But if you unplugged it just a few minutes ago and have been using it for something which was CPU-intensive and falls under the umbrealla of 'Android system' then it's probably normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭Keith186

djgaillimh wrote: »
    It's relative to what you've been doing and how long it's been off charge.

If you unplugged it hours ago, then it's safe to say that's very, very high.

But if you unplugged it just a few minutes ago and have been using it for something which was CPU-intensive and falls under the umbrealla of 'Android system' then it's probably normal.

Exactly what dj says.
    It's all relative. If you haven't really used much power at all, say if your phone was sitting there sleeping using no power really then 96% of nothing is nothing so wouldn't worry about it.

Advertisement