Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert Irish HL 2010

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

bubblz wrote: »
    he's not been avoided.. theres loads of his poems on the new course...:eek:

all ours are sayin the odds of him been on this paper re very slim to none

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

did yere teachers say anythin about cathal o searsaigh been avoided becoz all the shiz in the news?

Jack and Nil Aon Ni havent come up since 2007 - and since his work is on the new course it shows they not really wrorried about it... and like its a question about his poetry that will come up - its not gonna be "give your thoughts on cathal o'searcaigh" ! If he came up , no one could actually complain or make a fuss since he is on the course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 a05bf1aa

What do people think the chances are of Fiche Blian ag Fas coming up?
    For the pass poems I think Jack, Nil Aon Ni and Bimse? Doubt Faoiseamh will appear.
    Very hard to know what will come up on honours poetry. Hope Maigdileana or An t-oilean cuz I have not a clue of the rest.
    Suppose An Fhiannaiocht will be up on Stair na G. Maybe Ogham, Canuinti, Bealoideas and Aisling as well.

Im doing the sceal for paper 1. Does anyone know what sceal appeared on the various mock papers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

well i hope cathal o searcaigh been avoided well in the honours poems anyway... i dont understand maigdelina... hoping an t-oilean,uircheall an chreagain or chead drama will come up nd for the stories clare sa speair,fiche blian nd cearrbhach
    triail? maybe fimineacht... but that kinda ties in with easpa chriostiocht as well...
    stair... ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cli101

im just going to cover recession nd drugs and alcohol for the essay and a bit on politeoirí??im hoping to link drugs and alcahol to whatever comes up?...if recession comes up i can say how theres an increase in ppl turnin towards drugs nd alcahol bcos of money issues etc....wil i be safe??

• Advertisement

im just going to cover recession nd drugs and alcohol for the essay and a bit on politeoirí??im hoping to link drugs and alcahol to whatever comes up?...if recession comes up i can say how theres an increase in ppl turnin towards drugs nd alcahol bcos of money issues etc....wil i be safe?

80 marks are for your irish and 20 for subject matter ( sticking to it , making sense etc... )

Basically the recession came up last year in the simplest form ever so its unlikely the title will be something about the recession!

If "bochtanas" comes up (hasnt as far as I know) you could easily put in all your recession stuff - as long as u make sure to link them up = siolraionn an bochtanas on difhostaiocht - poverty stems from unemployment

Then ya just go on about how the recession has led to poverty etc.
    Then you could say that as a result of poverty people turn to drugs / alcohol out of depression etc...

So really you can mould the essay title to what you have learnt ( but of course you have to be smart about it like in English , reference the title etc )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BrenosBolts91

garv123 wrote: »
    did yere teachers say anythin about cathal o searsaigh been avoided becoz all the shiz in the news?
    If they are going to leave out somebody on the educational curriculum because of what they did seemed wrong , then I guess that means Hitler , Mussolini , Stalin , Lenin etc shouldnt be on the history course.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Keogg

cweeva wrote: »
    howcome everyone thinks lig sin i gcathu is gonna come up? it's been up the last three years, I really hate that one. Was going to just leave it out, is that a bad idea? :/

DONT leave it out - its a really bad idea. What happened if it comes up as the 15 mark mandatory pros question?
    And i didnt think it had come up for a year or two? it'll be popular to go onto the page as its obviously the most disliked and more difficult of all the stories

If they are going to leave out somebody on the educational curriculum because of what they did seemed wrong , then I guess that means Hitler , Mussolini , Stalin , Lenin etc shouldnt be on the history course.

theres abit of a difference
    i reckon they wil defo leave him outa the poets in stair na teanga to avoid anyone sayin anythin bad bou him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 cleirigh06

**** I just realised I dont know a single thing on Stair na gaeilge!!! :O

• Advertisement

deres no point predicting anything anymore now anyway
    look at boland for english poetry.
    she was 50000% to come up. the whole country were freaking out over it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

garv123 wrote: »
    deres no point predicting anything anymore now anyway
    look at boland for english poetry.
    she was 50000% to come up. the whole country were freaking out over it

And with the whole Stair na G 2008 2009 debacle we know that the Irish paper setters are cheeky ones!

They recieved so much stick from it last year from teachers that they would jsut look stupid repeating another topic word for word!

PARARORY wrote: »
    They recieved so much stick from it last year from teachers that they would jsut look stupid repeating another topic word for word!

it was ment to be marked easy in the end coz no1 had prepared for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭irish-anabel

absolutely dreading starting the study for this... wondering whether to just leave it and concentrate on other things. I'm not bad at irish but it's just ssoooooooo long!!! :(

absolutely dreading starting the study for this... wondering whether to just leave it and concentrate on other things. I'm not bad at irish but it's just ssoooooooo long!!! :(

im good at irish too but its just soo hard to study for it :mad: i went to a irish primary school so im relyin on the oral and aural bits of it.
    i hate the poetry and stair and all of it :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

3 essays to learn this weekend, comprehensions (I've only ever done 3 in my life - 1st one in the mocks:eek:) and the aural. Monday night will be a long one in preparation for Paper 2. Is it strange that I prefer Paper 2 to Paper 1?

I doubt Lig Sinn will come up, it's been up fairly frequently. Or am I thinking of something else???

I doubt Lig Sinn will come up, it's been up fairly frequently. Or am I thinking of something else???[/QUOTE]

apparently martin o mealaid is tipped for the q b.. .that or bean og cuz thats never been asked as the compulsary... would love if clare sa speir came up..!

poetry cead drama,an toilean or uircheall
    pass poems.. not really looked over any but thinkin nil aon ni,jack nd amyb gealt?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,118 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

My teacher said Smacht na Eaglais could be an aiste title

My teacher said Smacht na Eaglais could be an aiste title

3 of the irish teachers in my school , many in others schools , institute and the rte 2fm teachers for the podcasts said its very unlikely. :)

My brother did JC and one of their essays was about World Cup/Sport...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Scoobydooo

The podcast woman also seems to think something on weather could come up, does anyone have an essay done out on it ??

Also any tips for the listening, does anyone know if there's any notes available on it on the internet ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Mongolia

lol my class are TOTALLY screwed if the danta breise from last year come up. coz our teacher didn't do them.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

Hey do ye reckon 2 pages is enough for the Aiste?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 greener44

try and get 2 and half of good stuff and u should be alrite

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Princess3

Does anyone have any ideas for what could come up for An Triail?
    I did so bad in this question in the mock.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 MagsK93

The only question my teacher did with us was fimineacht/easpa chriostaiocht so if that one doesnt come up were screwed!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Princess3

Yeah a question about fiminteacht came up for my mock, loads of people did terrible in it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 VARIEGATED GIRL

anyone think something about the Economy could feature as an aiste title..??

dreading paper one really really dreading it... done sport,bochtanas nd going doing fadhbanna daoine oga.... dya think il be covered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Brandon2592

Do we need to know quotes for Maidhc Dainin or just be able to refer to it???? I'm panicking!

Advertisement