Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert Irish HL 2010

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

Awh HL Irish is so fcuking hard!!!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Stevez

anyone think something about the Economy could feature as an aiste title..??

eh my class are all banking on it! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

learning bochtaineas,fadhbanna daoine oga nd sport.. also going to look over the economy... my teacher was sayin that if stad na tire does come up then you have to write more then one thing....
    heard politics is going to come up...done nothing for that

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Princess3

I'm really dreading this exam... haven't a clue about An Triail or Stair na Gaeilge!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Stevez

you can tie bochtanas,fadhbanna na daoine oga nd polateoiri all into the economy though...whatever is coming up,im just gonna link it all back to the economy :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

i think something relation to politicians, mabye a lack of leadership, corruption in ireland, young people lost faith in politics, emigration, bochtanais
    if an essay on politics comes up anyway everything you have learned can be used, lets hops so;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 XXRachelXX

Paper II is the scary one, hopfully paper one goes ok though

About how many pages should the Aiste be?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

Princess3 wrote: »
    About how many pages should the Aiste be?

Minimum 2, around 600 words. My teacher says that if you write less than two they'll mark you out of less. Eg. if you write a page and a half, they'll mark you out of 75!? (like, they minus the 25 too as well as other losses?!)

gemxpink wrote: »
    Minimum 2, around 600 words. My teacher says that if you write less than two they'll mark you out of less. Eg. if you write a page and a half, they'll mark you out of 75!? (like, they minus the 25 too as well as other losses?!)

Ok thank you :) That's how long mine was in the mock so i'll just continue learning phrases and things! Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 VARIEGATED GIRL

frser32 wrote: »
    i think something relation to politicians, mabye a lack of leadership, corruption in ireland, young people lost faith in politics, emigration, bochtanais
    if an essay on politics comes up anyway everything you have learned can be used, lets hops so;)

ha ya lets hope so.. I'm really hopn t comes up! sorta screwed f t doesn't!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 VARIEGATED GIRL

Stevez wrote: »
    you can tie bochtanas,fadhbanna na daoine oga nd polateoiri all into the economy though...whatever is coming up,im just gonna link it all back to the economy :)

THANK YOU!!!:D
    exactly what im doin..
    but im kinda worried incase nothing lik bochtanas, fadhbanna na daoine oga, polateoiri r foregin cums up.. lik f natural disasters, world cup and another crap title cums up (prob somethin i won't understand)... then we are actually SCREW-BALLED!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Our class have learnt off weather essays: floods, tsunami, environment etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

gemxpink wrote: »

that's just lies... i wouldn't mind that.. it's 600 words so 2 pages is about right... there's no provision in the marking scheme for marking from 75 or whatever... but there's gonna be mean correctors out there who had to write "a million words in my day" so when they see less than a 10 page essay they think too short too short too short and then have a prejudice against you from the off...
    a lot of teachers and examiners etc don't seem to want to hear quality over quantity and don't want to see the 600 word recommended note..

would it be a good idea to perhaps give a rough estimate to how many word i wrote in my essay and write 590 focail srl.. at the end of the essay perhaps just to highlight that i've written the guideline amount and to remind them not to dock me for not writing enough, suppose the other side to that is that the corrector might see it as check and it doesn't seem like that a lot of irish teacher are "sound people" like a lot of other teachers..

but yeah 2 pages is enough and if it's 600 words its' 600 world even if it's all on 1 page... try writing bigger maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭maisiedaisy

Hey do ye reckon 2 pages is enough for the Aiste?:pac:

Just be sure you hit the word count, you're docked something like 7 marks if you don't...it's 500 words min.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Hoping a good aiste comes up this year! Unemployment, problems of youth would be class :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

problems of youth... loads you can write for that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 claireob13

What's everyone think about the chances of a technology essay coming up? The 2010 dreimire covers loads of stuff on it so I'm thinking it's likely? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Aisling x

i've learnt polaiteoiri and fadhbanna an duine oig...might take a look over unemployment phrases and tie them in...people who learn a million essays depress me, where do they find the time?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 claireob13

Yea I only have a few essays really, deireadh leis on tiogar ceilteach, fadhbanna daoine oga, saol an dalta scoil inniu, teicneolaiocht, mean cumarsaide and something about tenaga gaeilge too? Basically all covering similar stuff, drugs etc...

If you have Education Co. exam papers there's a bochtannas aiste at the start of them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Curlyhatescurls

PANIC PANIC PANIC
    I don't know Bimse Buan or Dar mBeidir Aris AT ALL, will I be okay?????? Holy crap, what if Bimse comes up as the compulsory, oh god oh god

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

PANIC PANIC PANIC
    I don't know Bimse Buan or Dar mBeidir Aris AT ALL, will I be okay?????? Holy crap, what if Bimse comes up as the compulsory, oh god oh god

I doubt it will. Have a read over it tomorrow night just in case. No biggie!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 greener44

if ur getting the right answers in the aural but ur spelling is wrong will u still get the marks? or are my in deep ****?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

greener44 wrote: »
    if ur getting the right answers in the aural but ur spelling is wrong will u still get the marks? or are my in deep ****?

eolais is 90 marks, and gaeilge is 10 marks. so as far as i know you will only bring down the 10 marks:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 roll on summer 10!

Does any one have any tips on how i could improve at the Irish aural? i really need to improve at it, i would appreciate any helpful comments.

Also i think the following will come up, clare sa speir, lig sin i gcathu, fiche bhlian ag fas.Jack,nil aon ni, faoiseamh a gheobhadsa, chead drama, an toilean and maybe maigdileana,

Learn all of the question words so you don't get them mixed up. I think maybe Uirchill an Chreagain could come up too

cweeva wrote: »
    howcome everyone thinks lig sin i gcathu is gonna come up? it's been up the last three years, I really hate that one. Was going to just leave it out, is that a bad idea? :/

I think Fiche Blian ag Fas has a better chance of coming up than Lig Sinn i gCathu!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Given the odd things they've done with Irish (i.e put the exact same stair on 2 years in a row) I wouldnt rule out lig sin I gcathu at all.

How is it easy?there is a lot to cover in it? any idea's what might come up in it?

I'd say learn Aisling Pholaitiuil, Gaeilge mar teanga ceilteach, ruraiocht and fiannaiocht, dan direach and dan gra and colaiste lovain maybe?? Kinda covers all the aspects and maybe a few of the eagraiochtai gaeilge too

I'm really dreading this exam... haven't a clue about An Triail or Stair na Gaeilge!!

For An Triail I'd say a question on the stage effects could come up or the history of the play, definetly learn your characters and something on fimineacht na tire or something like that, tedious I know but think; last weekend ever wasted on Irish! :D

• Advertisement

Does anyone have any ideas for what could come up for An Triail?
    I did so bad in this question in the mock.

Definetly learn your characters, fimineacht and cartanacht criostai but also a question on the stage effects, like flash backs and switching to the court and back could come up, would be well nasty! :confused:

Advertisement