Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert Irish HL 2010

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 alisonxx

Im screwed :(
    For An Triail i only know hypocrisy lack of christianity etc
    The teacher didnt look at any poetry for HL
    And I havent a clue about the aiste or stair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 umph

Would I be able to leave out one of the HL poems? I was thinking Dá m'fhédir blah blah...?
    I don't even remember doing it!
    And apparently you only need to know the two main cahracters (Muiris & Tomás) for Fiche Bliain and that's it for that story...
    What would you suggest for everything else on paper 2??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Predictions for A Thig Ná This Orm???

I have to learn everything, the novel, stories, poems and stair tonight. Fun. Why couldn't they put it in the evening time!

Predictions in general would be great, I hear Jack and Nil Aon Ni are two of the favourites....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

umph wrote: »
    Would I be able to leave out one of the HL poems? I was thinking Dá m'fhédir blah blah...?
    I don't even remember doing it!
    And apparently you only need to know the two main cahracters (Muiris & Tomás) for Fiche Bliain and that's it for that story...
    What would you suggest for everything else on paper 2??
    dont leave anything out
    im kinda ****ed too for it but im just gonna blab on about sumthing.
    at least you'l get some marks then like
    same as for the stair jotting down 1 thing you know about a poet will get you few marks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mise92

lads paper 2 is on tomorrow morning and im studyin by looking at how screwed other ppl are....thats how srewed i am! what was with those comprehensions on paper1??not a clue what the first one was about...roll on oxegen...:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mise92

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

I have to learn everything, the novel, stories, poems and stair tonight. Fun. Why couldn't they put it in the evening time!

Predictions in general would be great, I hear Jack and Nil Aon Ni are two of the favourites....

Nil aon ni and magdailna are by big peedo man btw so prob wont be up.grat for us...not so much for the childer...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭annainez

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

I'm the same! Trying to do everything now. Well I think something to do with MDOS in the US is due up, say something on Ciníochas, that's what was on my mock anyway. But it's hard to predict cos there are three sections and two questions so you know yourself. I would run over the characters and concentrate on the States!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

mise92 wrote: »
    Nil aon ni and magdailna are by big peedo man btw so prob wont be up.grat for us...not so much for the childer...:P

hes convicted of no crime so dont rule him out yet
    other posters said that he's all over the new course o you cant rule him out and maigdailna is due up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭LadyGaga!

Does anyone have any sample essays of A/B grade for the two HL poems that came up last year? I've a billion essays on most poems and stories at A/B grade and I'd be up for swapping? I'm so paranoid that they'll both come up and we haven't done then in class ):

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 VARIEGATED GIRL

WHAT D HELL WAS THAT TODAY??????:mad:
    CRUEL PAPER..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,118 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

WHAT D HELL WAS THAT TODAY??????:mad:
    CRUEL PAPER..
    Only word for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

What does comhuaim mean? Please tell me it's assonance...

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

zam wrote: »
    What does comhuaim mean? Please tell me it's assonance...

Yup!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭stevenfinnegan

I thought paper 2 was a generally handy paper :p
    My only problem was with the stair, which I completely messed up and didn't really know anything for, as I was predicting for Fimíníocht to come up.

But otherwise I was delighted when I saw An Chead Drama, Níl aon Ní, Faoiseamh a Gheobhadsa, Clare sa Spéir and Fiche Bliain ag Fás on the paper. They were the only ones that I knew in great detail. :D
    And then for An Triail, I didn't understand the question completely (FYI I did part 1) but I just took the keywords out of it: lochtanna, coimhlint, grá, and then I just tied them words into my answer. So I should be alright.

Just a pity the stair was difficult.

Otherwise on paper 1, the first comprehension was difficult, and so I couldn't exactly put it into my own words. The 2nd comprehension was much easier.

And for Aiste i did (b), so I brought politicians, unemployment, government, recession and all that crap into my Aiste, so I think it went well.

My oral went exceptionally well, as far as I can remember anyway.

Aural was pretty handy enough, except for a couple of minor things. Does anybody know who the girls relation was who went to that college in Nice in France that she was also going to. I couldn't understand what she said. And the very last question in tha aural: was it 4 or 24 students who got the award/scholarship or whatever it was?

Otherwise Irish was easier than I had anticipated it to be. :D

Advertisement