Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

XBox HDD transfer

• 26-05-2010 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭

I'm about to upgrade my 360, but want to save data off it first. I'm trading it in with HMV, but they don't offer a transfer service.

Can you plug it into a PC using the USB ports? Or do you nee another XBox beside it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

If your console got the latest xbox dashboard upgrade then you can just use one (or several) USB memory sticks. Downloaded content such as games and addons can be redownloaded after you transfer the licenses to the new console at no extra cost - google 'xbox 360 license transfer' to find out how to do this. Keep in mind you will need your new console.

Installed games can be reinstall. Really, all you need to carry over are saves & profiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

I used a simple USB memory key. It worked a treat. Why bother with all those cables etc, when the key works so well. :)

Nice, and a good thing Microsoft added that option in the update.

• Advertisement
Advertisement