Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Herd Number Transfer?

• 26-05-2010 5:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭

My Brother is selling farm and moving across the pond,and i will retain a couple of acres of it. Is it possible for him to transfer his herd no. to my name as i was thinking of keeping couple of sheep for freezer.
    What implications are there any advice would be very welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

should be straight forward. but if you are keeping sheep only the dept may issue you with a flock number instead, actually the requirements for a flock number may be less than cattle.

best to have a chat with your local dvo, generally they are helpful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭Helium

Thanks Snowman! might put a calf or two on it either, thats why i was wondering was it worth the hassle, like was there any benefit having a herd no. or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fearanclar

Helium wrote: »
    Thanks Snowman! might put a calf or two on it either, thats why i was wondering was it worth the hassle, like was there any benefit having a herd no. or not.

Hi Helium: Wondering how you made out with herd number transfer and how long a process was it. My Dad passed in 2009 and estate been settled upo now. I want to get his herd number transferred to me and was wondering whats involved. Dad left me approx 14 acres but i dont have any stock on it. Can you give me an idea of how long and what is the process. Thanks a million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

Ring your local DVO, they'll send you out a form, they may choose to come and look at your facilites, and then they send you a letter saying the herd number is transferred.

in our case it took around 6-8 weeks.

Advertisement