Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Kelly R.I.P.

Options
  • 26-05-2010 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Gerry Kelly (Dublin) passed away yesterday after a long illness. Gerry was shooting pistol since the 60's and was a founding member of City of Dublin Pistol Club. He remained involved in shooting sports until the end. He will be sorely missed. My condolences to his family (his son is a regular poster on these boards.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Gerry Kelly (Dublin) passed away yesterday after a long illness. Gerry was shooting pistol since the 60's and was a founding member of City of Dublin Pistol Club. He remained involved in shooting sports until the end. He will be sorely missed. My condolences to his family (his son is a regular poster on these boards.)

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a Anam.
    "May his soul be on God's right side"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Thank you, sidneyreilly.

My deepest condolences and sincere sympathy go out to Alan and all the Kelly family on the sad passing of his father. I never knew or met Gerry, but having shot alongside Alan many times, I am very sorry to hear of his and his family's loss.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a hAnam

dC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Deepest condolences to Alan and the Kelly family, Gerry was one of the stalwarts of the sport and will be sorely missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Gerry will be sorely missed. Always good humoured and eager to compete. A regular visitor to Rathdrum who was always very welcome and invariably great craic.

Our thoughts are with Alan and his entire family at this sad time. May he rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

My deepest and sincerest sympathies to Alan and the rest of the Kelly family. Gerry was a valued member of the shooting community, always there with a word of encouragement and advice for anyone who needed it. He will be sorely missed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Scalachi

My condolences and sympathy go out to Alan and all the Kelly family on the passing of Gerry. Gerry was an absolute gentleman, and will be sorely missed by the shooting community.

Regards

DB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

My sincere condolences to you Alan and your family on the sad parting of Gerry. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

Condolences and sympathy to Alan and Family. Gerry had a long and deep interest in the shooting sports, he will be sadly missed.

From the Committee and Members of DTSC
    and The Vintage Classic Rifle Association of Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

My sincere sympathy and condolences to the entire Kelly family.

We will all miss Gerry - he was great craic and a true ambassador for the shooting sports.

We are all the better for having known him.

B'Man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Condolences & sympathy to his family and friends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

My sympathies and condolonces to his family & friends in this distressing time.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Dvs

My deepest condolences and sympathy to Alan and all the Kelly family on the passing of Gerry,
    He was a Gentleman and a sportsman,
    who was passionate about shooting sports,
    and a great competitor.

He will be sorely missed.

Dvs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Sincere condolences to Alan and family on the sad loss of Gerry. He was a fine gentleman. I only met him a couple of times in Rathdrum, but I always found him great to talk with about pistol shooting and I know he loved shooting on the electronic targets. May he rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Rosahane

I would like to express my deepest condolences and sincere sympathy to Alan and all the Kelly family. Gerry was an absolute gentleman who will be genuinely missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Only met him a couple of times, but a rare gent. My condolences to the whole family.

Advertisement