Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valve amps repaired/restored/serviced/modded

Options
  • 26-05-2010 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I have been working with valve amps for a while now and a lot of people say I should set-up-shop. This may happen yet but for the moment I am testing the water with this.

I repair and service valve amps of all kinds. From vintage restoration projects to modern brands and boutique amps.

Repairs & mods. e.g:

Replacing & Biasing power valves - longer valve life and better tone

Adding a treble boost - if your amp needs a little more to 'cut through' during those guitar solos.

Adding a presence control or a 'presence off' switch - lets your amp come to life when switched off.

Tone stack mods - even out the tone curve of you blues junior even at loud volumes, it wont get as muddy or as tinny as these amps are famous for when cranked.

Adding a master volume to those big old 100W heads - Lets you drive the pre amp valves to get a nice creamy overdrive tone even at low volumes.

The internet is full of various mods for various amps of which I have had many requests to perform them for musicians who know exactly the tone they are after but don't know how to achieve it.. If there is something you need advice on or if there is a mod you have read about online and want to try it out I can do the technical work for you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

All for free I presume, like the other services a lot of your posts are advertising? I'd go back through your posts and delete most of them man or you're just going to get banned for spamming and advertising. You're only allowed advertise on adverts.ie, not on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 albis

I wasn't aware of that. I am not selling an item so couldn't really find a suitable place to put it on adverts.

I am looking for feed back with this to see if its a 'service' people would use. I am not a company or a merchant.

Advertisement