Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Casuals 29/05/2010

Options
  • 26-05-2010 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hey guys didn't see one of these up. Anyone interested in a pre-Inferno warm up this sat? Same Bat time (1ish), same Bat channel (movie drome/dome/whatever)? €5ish. Hope to see ye there :pac:

Will you be there? 3 votes

Yup!
    0% 0 votes
    Nah!
    100% 3 votes
    Ill Try! (There Is No try! Do! Or Do Not!)
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Robbknoll wrote: »
    Hey guys didn't see one of these up. Anyone interested in a pre-Inferno warm up this sat? Same Bat time (1ish), same Bat channel (movie drome/dome/whatever)? €5ish. Hope to see ye there :pac:

Just go to the Evo Qualifiers instead. Will be much better than a few casuals.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'll be there, looking forward to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Will be there to embrace you all in oily hugs! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Just go to the Evo Qualifiers instead. Will be much better than a few casuals.

Love to but a few of us are heading to dublin next week for inferno so traveling up and down 2 weeks in a row is a bit too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Love to but a few of us are heading to dublin next week for inferno so traveling up and down 2 weeks in a row is a bit too much.

No problem. Look forward to seeing you at Inferno so.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Are ye getting the train up?

Dunno yet to be honest cos i dont know if were goin up friday evening or early sat morning. Ive the car like but never enjoy driving to dublin. I should know by the end of the day and il post it up here k.

Dunno yet to be honest cos i dont know if were goin up friday evening or early sat morning. Ive the car like but never enjoy driving to dublin. I should know by the end of the day and il post it up here k.

I was planning to go to the EVO qualifiers, but casuals in Limerick this week followed by Inferno 10 the following week seems to fit my schedule alot better. I'm the same with the car, would rather just get a train. 30 euro for the day trip ain't bad at all.

I'll mull it over, but I'll put myself down for a maybe for Limerick Casuals (which will almost certainly be a yes).

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I was planning to go to the EVO qualifiers, but casuals in Limerick this week followed by Inferno 10 the following week seems to fit my schedule alot better. I'm the same with the car, would rather just get a train. 30 euro for the day trip ain't bad at all.

I'll mull it over, but I'll put myself down for a maybe for Limerick Casuals (which will almost certainly be a yes).

Or you could book online and get the €10 train up and the €10 train back the next day :D

Shur while we're all at the casual, we could take some time to try figure a way up and if theres something that suits all, we could go as a group. No point in anyone going up on their own

• Advertisement

Myself and Generic are getting the train up around 10am and it'll arrive at about 12.30 pm on the saturday morning. The last trains down are at 7 and 9. Future and onion and anyone else traveling from around lim should come with, as generic said no point in goin up alone. Prob meet at the train station at around 9.45 to be safe. And remember...practise casuals this sat!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Should make it in...

🤪

Good games to all i played today. Especially sabre i think for the adon gouken matches :D

Great games everyone. Was very happy with my general play today. I was hitting very tight links on a semi-regular basis and beginning to hit srk>fadc>ultra out of reflex.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Thanks for the games lads. Robbknoll, that match was stressful! :D

(also glad we didn't go to Dublin afterall! Would have been a costly and long commute for casuals :))

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I really enjoyed yesterday. Suddenly intrigued by Guy...

Mr. K wrote: »
    I really enjoyed yesterday. Suddenly intrigued by Guy...

Profound statement! :D

GGs to all I played. Need to fight futureguy more! Happy I didnt get destroyed in any round but next time the goal is to WIN a round.

So what day suits people for some midweek madness. Personally, I want to get in as many fights as I can before we head up.

And I just want to say I'm really happy we're getting steady numbers. I know I'm one of the irregulars at the mo but I think I have saturdays free now. Constantly nagging other friends to pick up teh game too so hopefully our numbers will expand.

Great games to everyone there on Saturday, looking forward to seeing how our boys do in the big leagues.

In particular, I'm going to be HELLA surprised if Futureguy doesn't make it out of groups. Incredibly solid Ryu he has, the only other one who has given me that much trouble with a zoning game is Red*, and that's because Red's got execution in droves, but the zoning and timing is all there. He's one to watch next week!

*I haven't played Newtype

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Wish I was living just a little closer to be part of ye're casuals lads. Enjoyed the tourney and casuals we had a while back. It'l b good to have a few more representing from south of Dublin this Saturday at inferno anyway :). On a side note, i played a really good chun online recently. He's from limerick and he's gamertag is Rigo666. Might be worth askin him to casuals some time if u come accross him on live.

BanjoB is it a long journey for you? If we scheduled it at a time which was handier for you every few weeks, would you be able to come?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Armitage Shanks1

Gah i only found out about this today through streetfighter.ie.i had no clue that there was tourneys and such in Limerick,or the rest of Ireland for that matter.Pissed that i missed it.Would love to go and watch some great matches,play some and have a laugh.

Hey dude, I'm in Clare too! These are run pretty much every week, so you haven't missed anything. And there's a big tourney on in Dublin that a bunch of us western guys are going to this week. You should come!

EDIT: Should point out these are casuals, as in just easy going matches where you might learn some new tactics and train against other people who'll give you advice.

I was plannin on heading to Dublin for a gig this Thursday night but i dont honestly know if thats even gonna happen now to be honest.Appreciate the offer a lot though.Ill def be going to some of these now i know about em :)

Oh yah casuals is what im all about.No way in hell i could play in a tourney,Ive been playin SF since 2 and ive played em all but im just a casual player,always appreciate tips and such.i try to retain it all but i guess im impatient when i play, ie always ALWAYS jumping in.

Well, I see you're in Clare, I'm close to Ennis myself :D

Well, these run most Saturdays except the next one up, cause that's when inferno is on in Dublin. Check out that thread in the forum, see if you wanna come test your mettle etc.

Yah im in Shannon mate,itd be awesome to go to Inferno yah.Id be there to watch though.Could watch top player matches alllllllll day.Never gets borin to me

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    BanjoB is it a long journey for you? If we scheduled it at a time which was handier for you every few weeks, would you be able to come?

Unfortunately it's a good 2 hours from Waterford man and with the inferno possibly every month it'd be too much of an expense to do frequently :( .

Gah i only found out about this today through streetfighter.ie.i had no clue that there was tourneys and such in Limerick,or the rest of Ireland for that matter.Pissed that i missed it.Would love to go and watch some great matches,play some and have a laugh.

Hi there Armitage, welcome to the community! To be honest, we are only running casuals in Limerick for about 3 months, so you have missed very little.
    Oh yah casuals is what im all about.No way in hell i could play in a tourney,Ive been playin SF since 2 and ive played em all but im just a casual player,always appreciate tips and such.i try to retain it all but i guess im impatient when i play, ie always ALWAYS jumping in.

Up until 2 weeks ago, I was pretty much the same...jumpy jumpy. Casuals and online play vs the payers on this forum will make you cut that out pretty rapidly. Unless you want to explain why you jumped in on his antiair attack for the 38th time in a row without success (like I used to).

Looking forward to seeing you at the casuals!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Morning folks! Sorry I missed casuals this Saturday, really disappointed I couldn't go.

So... Is anyone free any evening this week to head down to Moviedrome for a few hours? Was thinking Wednesday evening, but I'll try to make any evening that suits people. It could be used to get hype for Saturday's main event ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Can I just say I am really looking forward to meeting you all on Sat.

Furthermore, do you reckon you'd have enough people for a friendly 5 v 5?

Advertisement