Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad language filter

Options
  • 26-05-2010 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭

Can someone remove the bad language filter in the Thunderdome? Its a little bit silly since cursing is obviously allowed.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

There are so many simple methods of getting around the swear filter, I doubt it'd be worth removing even if it were possible...

Then again, I'm too afraid to post in there anyway :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Rather than start a new thread, any chance you guys can add words to the swear filter? One in particular: "Fail"

Thank you kindly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I like the swear filter being turned on in the dome if only because it always takes noobs a little while to figure it out. But no objections from me if that's what everyone wants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Find better ways to insult people?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Stee wrote: »
    Rather than start a new thread, any chance you guys can add words to the swear filter? One in particular: "Fail"

Thank you kindly

Might as well add 'Fianna' while you're at it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

Sarky wrote: »
    Meecrob.

Can't be turned on/off at forum level, only sitewide since it parses and filters out the posts as they go *in* rather than as they come *out*.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Ross wrote: »
    Meecrob.

Can't be turned on/off at forum level, only sitewide since it parses and filters out the posts as they go *in* rather than as they come *out*.

Nom nom nom mee_krob.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Sarky wrote: »
    Something like, "oedipal complex having male offspring of a female dog", or
    "Go copulate alone!"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Well, sort of. But people should pay attention to what others say and work off the little things they let slip. It's the difference between calling someone a fag and a furry donut-f*cker. Which would get to you more, for example? :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

May I offer you some advice on procreation, and travel.

DeV.

• Advertisement
Advertisement