Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes - Tents

Options
  • 26-05-2010 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭

Dunnes have a tent for €20 up on their site. I've tried the Dunnes in Douglas but they didn't have it there. Has anyone seen it in any of the other Dunnes around Cork. I'd need to get it by Friday.

Or are any of the other supermarkets doing cheap tents? I only plan on using it for a couple of all night BBQs so I don't need a super one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Blackpool and ballyvolane had them monday, got one for the kids. Had in up in about 2 mins, cant go wrong for 20e.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Blackpool and ballyvolane had them monday, got one for the kids. Had in up in about 2 mins, cant go wrong for 20e.

you can when it starts to rain! OK, it's grand for the kids in the back garden I guess.
    I'm sure they will all get them in stock in the run-up to Oxegen. I used one a few years back at Oxegen but thankfully we had beautiful sun all weekend but I wouldn't risk it again, spend another €30 and get an actual waterproof one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

They had them also in the uhh is it Bishopstown Dunnes the one past Wilton...they are great tents I got one for Slane and it was the windiest night up there, still managed to stay snug in there little small tear in the roof that was it...If you are babdly stuck for one I still have mine that I will not be using only thing is of course it is pink

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

Cheers for the offer Milly. :D

I went to the Dunnes in Carrigaline this morning and they had them there, so I'm sorted. They were easy to miss though, they're rolled in a sleeve and smaller than some of the sleeping bags I have. They also had ground mats for €4, although I would imagine you'd be no better off than sleeping straight on the ground. There was also another tent on offer, €30 for a two person tent with two sleeping bags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 hill1

They have cheap tents in TKMax that looked quite good I think they were about 25 euro on monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Buceph wrote: »
    Or are any of the other supermarkets doing cheap tents? I only plan on using it for a couple of all night BBQs so I don't need a super one.

If it rains you're FOCKED!!
    hill1 wrote: »
    They have cheap tents in TKMax that looked quite good I think they were about 25 euro on monday.

Was in there y'day and they had no tents left. Bought a 4 man in Argos for €51 which was a 50% reductionon the original price although the advertised price was only for a 25% reduction.

Advertisement