Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rail chief's evidence to fraud probe panel at odds with affidavit

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Hungerford wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/rail-chiefs-evidence-to-fraud-probe-panel-at-odds-with-affidavit-2194150.html

It's quite an interesting issue, which could have major repurcussions if John Keenan's court case against IE went a certain way.

And perhaps the tip of the iceberg. Hopefully they'll all sink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Is it really that surprising that 2 people on opposite sides in a court case would have different recollections of the same event?:rolleyes:

Is it really that surprising that 2 people on opposite sides in a court case would have different recollections of the same event?:rolleyes:

No, but when it concerns a heavily subsidised semi state company that has gone from happy go lucky spendalot to arrogant retrenchment, then its worth talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

But what possible light can be shed on this by anyone here? Before the case is decided upon.

But what possible light can be shed on this by anyone here? Before the case is decided upon.

Fun speculation.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

DWCommuter wrote: »
    Fun speculation.:D
    Not pointing at any one in particular, but seeing as this will be before a court, and there appears to be a conflict in the evidence, can people ground things in fact and not speculate too much?

Victor wrote: »
    Not pointing at any one in particular, but seeing as this will be before a court, and there appears to be a conflict in the evidence, can people ground things in fact and not speculate too much?

Personally I will only speculate on what I know. One of the individuals resides in my region and locally, a lot is known, and many can't hold their piss. Its great!:D

For the record I now have a qualification in media law so I know what can and can't be said.;)

The simple reputations of IE managers is at stake, but the evidence and ultimate judgement will blow the roof off for sure.:D

Advertisement