Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Display problem

Options
  • 26-05-2010 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,363 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Ive this old machine & a while ago, the quality of the display went to crap. I plugged in a different monitor & no change.
    Any heavy colours tend to spread across the screen.

Here is a pic of the problem...
    2nak6sl.jpg

Any ideas what the problem is? Will a new graphics card help? I know little about computers.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Try altering the colour and contrast settings of the screen. It may be dying though. I don't think the graphics are at fault here.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,363 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

have been through everything i can change in settings. when you say dying, do you mean the whoe computer is f*cked?

Nope, just the display.

But I swapped monitors already, no improvement

Sorry, miread your post. Try a different cable, preferably on a different port on your graphics card, that's an odd issue for a GPU to have but you can get this kind of problem with duff connectors or cabling.

• Advertisement

I ordered a similar graphics card to whats installed for a few euro off ebay, Will have a look at it & do a bit of swapping when that arrives

Advertisement