Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WW II newspapers found !

• 26-05-2010 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hello ,

Basically my mum was cleaning out her attic and came across some old
    newspapers my dad had been given.

They are from world war II -daily express . Altogether there are five of them from 1940 -43.
    The papers highlight the dunkirk operation ,the second shows the sinking of the German battleship Bismark and the other shows St Pauls Cathedral during the blitz
    One is on christmas eve and one on new years eve.
    One even has a childs activity book and plastic cover.

Does anybody know if there valuable or any finger in the right direction to ask somebody.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭mangledbadgers

Most papers will archive back issues, and digitise them to provide online access; http://www.ukpressonline.co.uk/ukpressonline/?sf=express

So your original newspapers are probably only valuable to people born on those dates, or WW2 ethusiasts. If your selling them i'd be interested, they'd be great resorce for history in the classroom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Hi guys,

please note that any buy/sell transactions should take place on www.adverts.ie. You could put them up for sale on adverts.ie and link to it here on thread.

Thanks.
    P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

The st.pauls during the blitz picture has become iconic hasnt it? (if its the one I'm thinking of!), so an original newspaper copy of that pic could be worth something? Maybe?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I have several wartime copies of Stars and Stripes if anybody is interested PM me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭danpatjoe

Having not seen these papers, I cannot say much, but just be aware that back in the 1980's there was a monthly WW2 magazine that often included reproductions of wartime newspapers on correct newsprint. I cannot remember exactly what papers or dates were produced but they generally focused on key dates.

• Advertisement
Advertisement