Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New waste collecion for Drogheda - The tag is back

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lordcipriano

Is there any deposit needed when we switch to tag-a-bin?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

I will pass the details onto my Drogheda mammy (yes I have two :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Side Show Bob

I wouldn't go casting judgments just yet. For all we know this tag-a-bin crowd could be out of business in three months.

I'm not very familiar with the whole waste collection business model, but surely tag-a-bin can't undercut by so much for too long. When their customer base grows, they have to charge more, etc. as they need more employees, etc.

Going up against Panda (who also own Allied now, I believe) surely can't be an easy task.

That said, I would love to see tag-a-bin last and all. I'm not related or associated with Panda or anything, so I don't really care. Just think it might not be too long before Panda are collecting your bins again.

I’m too am not in any associated with Panda, I don't think they own allied as you stated above, I do remember reading in the Sunday Bus Post that they bought A1 waste in Dublin.

I use Panda's €23.50 per month, so if you use a tag twice a month you are already there, I don’t really think that makes much sense.

Anyway won’t take too long until they up the price of the bin tag, as I understand it the Tag people are only a waste agent, they don’t process their own waste I understand that they take it to someone like Panda to process and get rid of it.

Also have you seen the orange bins when they get dirty, it will cost a fortune to keep clean, or for me the last thing I want to do is be cleaning a bin belonging to some waste company

I don't think they own allied as you stated above, I do remember reading in the Sunday Bus Post that they bought A1 waste in Dublin.

I think they do. We switched from Panda to Allied and we only had to tell Panda. In the same phone call to Panda they changed us over to Allied. A couple of days later, a guy came around to do somethign with the bins (scanned their barcodes for whatever reason, obviously something to do with us changing over) and he was kitted in Panda gear I believe (but left us with Allied stickers for the bin).

We didn't actually change bins.

I'm not 100% sure of what way they are, but as far as I know, Panda and Allied are one and the same now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,359 ✭✭✭positron

Panda and Allied are one and the same now.

From what I understand Panda bought or has a deal with Allied Bins - and they did this to undercut TagABin. Not too long ago, Panda had decided to shaft everyone by removing the tag lift option, and they have brought it back in disguise and in a hurry as soon as TagABin came to the scene, which is the most obvious act of anti-competitive conduct against TagABin - and to me it looks like there's scope for a decent anti-competitive lawsuit against Panda here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

positron wrote: »
    From what I understand Panda bought or has a deal with Allied Bins - and they did this to undercut TagABin. Not too long ago, Panda had decided to shaft everyone by removing the tag lift option, and they have brought it back in disguise and in a hurry as soon as TagABin came to the scene, which is the most obvious act of anti-competitive conduct against TagABin - and to me it looks like there's scope for a decent anti-competitive lawsuit against Panda here.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that sounds to me like the very essence of competition; a competitor entered the market, and they changed their practices to remain competitive. No lawsuit there, just basic free market economics.

You could be right - I am absolute novice on legal aspect of things.

However, Panda, having themselves decided to pull the tag based option, and reintroducing them just when competition crops up, looks very unethical to me. It might be clever/sharp business practices from Panda, but I do think they will revert back to their old ways if competition was to disappear. That's all.

locum-motion's comment above tickled my curiosity.

I could be wrong but what Panda did *could* be classified as 'Predatory Pricing', which is an abuse according to Article 102 of the treaty on the Function of European Union - all based on Wikipedia links - so could be all wrong, biased, matter of opinion etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

has anyone not had their tag a bin collected today when its due to be collected.?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Yep. Mine was not collected today. First time using them. Not impresed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

Oh dear, not happy to hear that - as a prospective tagabin customer.

With Allied at the moment (still using the bin bags), but have been let down on several occasions ...and that's after I phone them to ask for the bag to be collected!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Tagabin.ie

Guys, apologies if for some reason you havent been serviced by us this week. Please give us a call if you havent already and you will be bumped up the priority collection list right away.

Tagabin.ie wrote: »
    Guys, apologies if for some reason you havent been serviced by us this week. Please give us a call if you havent already and you will be bumped up the priority collection list right away.

having been a customer of tag a bin for a number of months, the availability of tags is a joke, its like a treasure hunt to try and buy one... and the collection service is very unreliable like for example today, bins were meant to be collected this morning, but no sign of them yet, and when you ring them you get fobbed off.

its not the customers fault that your availability of tags are scarce.

Tagabin.ie wrote: »

this seems to happen often,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Is there a direct land line to call them? sick of calling the other one, cost a fortune.

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Is there a direct land line to call them? sick of calling the other one, cost a fortune.

no just the 1850 number

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Any sign of Tag-A-Bin coming out to the Clogherhead area - they only go as far as Termonfeckin as far as I know at the moment.

Rang TagABin about green bin collection schedule for Wheaton Hall, and they confirmed that from now on they will collect the green bins every other Monday along with the black bins. They used to do green bins on Saturdays on Wheaton Hall (probably valid for surrounding areas as well), and this has changed from now on.

And also said they will have the calendars send out by middle of next week. They should really have had the 2011 calendars out in Dec 2010, but I am not complaining as long as they keep collecting my bins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

wastecost wrote: »
    ... 100dreds of ...

WTF is a hundreddred?

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Zombie thread, closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement