Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Down-sizing from big car to small car.

• 26-05-2010 8:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭

Well due to a change in circumstances i sold my beloved hilux surf a few weeks ago & i replaced it with a puny little 2000 5door corolla 1.4vvti.:(

The surf had to go, it was killing me on fuel getting about 24/25mpg on average!! & i was putting about 50 euros of diesel in every week.
    I do miss her though, she was a great truck with all the electrics including air con & very comfy on longer trips but a bitch in around the city.

Well the rolla isn't too bad, i was sulking with it for the first week but now im starting to bond with it. The car was hesitating a bit during acceleration when i got her but i soon sorted it & its running great now.
    The improvement in fuel economy is amazing, im getting about 45mpg without driving in a very frugal way so i'd say i could get almost 50mpg if i tried but hey lifes to short eh?:rolleyes:
    Its a surprisingly comfortable car on longish trips & not a bad bit of poke when i need it. 95bhp from a 1.4 is pretty good in all fairness.

My verdict; yes its a very very boring car but all in all a decent motor.

Anyway, anyone else downsize their car? How do you find the change?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

I went from a BMW 520i (E34) to a Focus 2.0TDCi.

Miss the refinement, solidity and comfort of the BMW on every drive, but love how nimble, quick, cheap to run and frugal the Ford is.

Advertisement