Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

debranding o2 Nokia E71

Options
  • 26-05-2010 9:10pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I got the above phone unlocked by o2. Trying to get it set up to work on Vodafone but can't seem to get it working.

I have tried to hard reset it but no luck.

Any one any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

what exactly isn't working for you? what's the phone saying or doing when you put the vodafone sim in?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I've set up an access point but the phone tries to connect through the o2 access point and not the Vodafone one.

I can't delete or edit the o2 access point

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

This post has been deleted.

Doesnt appear so. I've tried a few work around but nothing working yet

Will check out the link

OK I'm tryin gto update the firmware from 100.XXX to 410.XXX

It starts off and says there is 15 mins left to update but then loses connection. This happens all the time. Any one know what the story is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

have you tried downloading it on your computer?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Have you the usb cable to update it via ovi suite?

Have tried both and both have the same problem. Keeps losing the connection with the phone and nothing happens. Just asks to reboot and same thing happens

Make sure you have the latest ovi suite. You could try a factory reset after you have done a backup, than try the update again.

Davy wrote: »
    Make sure you have the latest ovi suite. You could try a factory reset after you have done a backup, than try the update again.

I've done all that but no luck

It's probably something small. It can be a little project for the weekend to sort it

• Advertisement

What model e71 do you have, if you enter *#000# it will tell you the RM number.

Also if you press 3 + * + the call/send button it should do a hard reset

What will a hard reset do? I've seen other short codes for hard resets but don't appear to have any impact

godtabh wrote: »
    What will a hard reset do? I've seen other short codes for hard resets but don't appear to have any impact

Their is confusion because some codes do a hard reset, but some to a soft reset, usually will see *7370#, but if you do the code above, it should hard reset. Hard reset removes everything on the phone memory.

Advertisement