Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HL Irish Paper 1

Options
  • 26-05-2010 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Here's something many don't know:
    See that Ceapadóireacht question on Paper 1?
    Well a little known fact is that you can do an Aiste on any of the topics on that page.
    So if something comes up as a Díospóireacht, you can just do an Aiste on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Scoobydooo

Seriously ? According to who ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

As far as i know you you can integrate you aiste into the diaspoireacht format, all you need to do is put the general opening eg a chatharlaigh a mholtoir, a lucht an fhreasura......etc and a general closing. but you need to have debate phrases amongst the essay, so it reads like a diaspoireacht.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 BarbiePink

I dont get what your saying ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dairemcq

Basically you don't have to stick to the format asked, just the topic.
    This is coming from a corrector.
    So for example if the topic Dóchas came up for the story, I could do an esaay on that topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 cweeva

dairemcq wrote: »
    Basically you don't have to stick to the format asked, just the topic.
    This is coming from a corrector.
    So for example if the topic Dóchas came up for the story, I could do an esaay on that topic.

that's not really the case. You can do an essay you have already prepared for the diospoireachts and the alts, you don't even have to put in any formal debate phrases etc (though of course it's better if you do but you won't lose any marks!) but you can't use an essay for the sceal part. That's what our teacher told us anyway, to steer clear of the sceal because it's a whole other format but you can do any of the other 7! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement