Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Position available at Irelands 'only' mma radio show

• 26-05-2010 9:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭

'Punchin and Crunchin' is Irelands 'ONLY' mma radio station. We broadcast live out of Dundalk fm every Tue night from 8pm to 9pm and cover the world of mma from local to national to international. We interview fighters, coaches,promoters and various other prominent mma figures. We attend events,seminars and all other important dates and together with some awesome rock music we put it all together in one dynamic action packed hour. We have just wrapped up our 12th show(week) and already the show has grown and evolved. Our ambition has been met with a huge demand and thus our work load has grown considerably too. We are looking to take on a person(s) who has a considerable interest in radio and the sport of mma to take this show were it needs to go. You need to be available 'EVERY' Tuesday for the show as well as one day before hand to put the show together. We are looking for someone with a genuine appetite for mixed martial arts,good energy,ambition and good attention to detail. You can check out all our past shows and interviews on http://www.myspace.com/punchinandcrunchinfm and of course 'live' every Tue night at 8pm at http://www.dundalkfm.com/index.php?o...id=avreloaded0 so if you are interested in joining and contributing to something new,exciting and original(on a voluntary basis-at least for now) we look forward to hearing from you. Note-The show is based in Dundalk and we are in Drogheda so if you are nearby that might be more convient. Many Thanks,Barry

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I sent you a PM but just to elaborate here.

I'm from dundalk so no problem. I'm also 17 and have been watching UFC for nearly 2 years now. I'll say that i'm not the typical OH HIT HIM YOU SH*TEBAG sort of teenager i loved GSP vs Hardy because of how hard that must be to completley render another pro inneffective.

Would be a good spin to have a 17 year old opinion on it to. Not to mention i want to do something in radio when im older and actually recieved podcast training from dundalk fm about 3 months ago.

Get back to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

SDTimeout wrote: »
    i loved GSP vs Hardy because of how hard that must be to completley render another pro inneffective.

Thats hardly a glowing reference for someone for the radio, you enjoyed a really bad fight where a far superior opponent could not finish his opponent over 5 rounds, GSP was dire and everything thats wrong with MMA in the UFC. Lay and pray at its best.
    Would be a good spin to have a 17 year old opinion on it to.

Why? whats your young age got to do with anything.

I know my comments are negative but beside that, fair play to you for looking to gain experience if you seek a future on a the radio..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

cowzerp wrote: »
    Thats hardly a glowing reference for someone for the radio, you enjoyed a really bad fight where a far superior opponent could not finish his opponent over 5 rounds, GSP was dire and everything thats wrong with MMA in the UFC. Lay and pray at its best.

Hey, i enjoyed GSP v Hardy too! Also, i think one of the reasons he couldn't finish Hardy is because it turns out that Hardy has balls like watermelons! Who knew?

I was tapping to those submissions from my armchair!

Also, if your comment loses that kid the job, i think it's only fair he should get to do this to ya

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

what the hell? lay and pray? i have to disagree, he was trying to finish, he just couldnt. i wouldnt call that lay and pray, king mo vs mousasi was lay and pray, kosheck vs daley was lay and pray. GSP tried, dan hardy was the no.1 contender for a reason.

Why? whats your young age got to do with anything.

I know my comments are negative but beside that, fair play to you for looking to gain experience if you seek a future on a the radio..

Personally speaking if you thought the GSP fight was everything wrong with MMA you should watch Boxing :).

Age also imo has a very big thing to do it with. I pride myself on not being a run of the mill 17 year old teenager. I look up things i have an interest in them and don't take it for gospel. Example it's clear as arseblog did point out today cesc fabregas isn't annoyed at PHW's comments as there was no direct quote from cesc. It's david dein attempting to unsettle the board so usmanov can get in.

Alot of people are very quick to push off a teenagers opinion on things because they automatically assume it's going to be rubbish, i like to think i'm exception to that rule.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

what the hell? lay and pray? i have to disagree, he was trying to finish, he just couldnt. i wouldnt call that lay and pray, king mo vs mousasi was lay and pray, kosheck vs daley was lay and pray. GSP tried, dan hardy was the no.1 contender for a reason.
    Yeah bisping has fallen and the ufc wanted a new poster boy for the brittish market

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

Yeah bisping has fallen and the ufc wanted a new poster boy for the brittish market
    i dont see how, gono swick and davis where all supposed to beat him.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭kid chaos

If a guy cant defend a takedown or get up when he is taken down then he is not a complete mixed martial artist. Chuck Liddell was perfect for this, he dictated were the fight went.

If a guy can take you down and control you enough and not get stood up and move one step closer to a title shot then do it. I enjoyed every fight mentioned above.

from ug...Mo vs Mousasi
    Fans reaction to fight = 90% 'Mo ****ing sucks, horrible L&P!'
    My first thought = 'wow, Mousasi's guard is complete ****'

GSP vs Hardy
    Fans reaction to fight = 90% 'GSP needs to be a bit more agressive'
    My first thought = 'Hardy could be taken down by a stiff breeze, he is not a complete fighter'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Age also imo has a very big thing to do it with. I pride myself on not being a run of the mill 17 year old teenager. I look up things i have an interest in them and don't take it for gospel.

Alot of people are very quick to push off a teenagers opinion on things because they automatically assume it's going to be rubbish, i like to think i'm exception to that rule.

So your the exception to the rule, fair play to ya-The point im making is been 17 is of no importance to the listeners of a show-now in saying that ( if you can do as good a job as a 25 year old more experienced person then great and good luck)

ps, your comment about watching boxing if i think that fight was boring is very immature, Watching any sport where you dont know the participants is quite boring, when you know them you have a reason to cheer 1 on and the UFC is well promoted so even bad fighters are well known, i watch all fight sports and when i know the fighters i enjoy it all, if i dont know them the interest is way less-thats the nature of good promotion.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

So your the exception to the rule, fair play to ya-The point im making is been 17 is of no importance to the listeners of a show-now in saying that ( if you can do as good a job as a 25 year old more experienced person then great and good luck)

ps, your comment about watching boxing if i think that fight was boring is very immature, Watching any sport where you dont know the participants is quite boring, when you know them you have a reason to cheer 1 on and the UFC is well promoted so even bad fighters are well known, i watch all fight sports and when i know the fighters i enjoy it all, if i dont know them the interest is way less-thats the nature of good promotion.

I watched UFC 100 and the best fight on the card imo was George Stiropolous as i've never seen either of them fight before. George is now my fav fighter in the UFC. He will be Lightweight champ in the next 2 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

would jump at it but i am to far away to do the show :( going college to do radio next year *GUTTED*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I watched UFC 100 and the best fight on the card imo was George Stiropolous

?

George Sotiropolous didn't fight at 100. Did you meant 110?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

I'm from dundalk so no problem. I'm also 17 and have been watching UFC for nearly 2 years now. I'll say that i'm not the typical OH HIT HIM YOU SH*TEBAG sort of teenager i loved GSP vs Hardy because of how hard that must be to completley render another pro inneffective.

Would be a good spin to have a 17 year old opinion on it to. Not to mention i want to do something in radio when im older and actually recieved podcast training from dundalk fm about 3 months ago.

Good luck getting it but you know you're not the only teenager who isn't a "OH HIT HIM YOU SH*TEBAG" sort of teenager,I myself have been an avid fan of the sport for the past 7 years or so (Im only 17 now) and have been training and competing for the past nearly 5 years (Blue Belt in BJJ too) and I have friends and training partners around the age of 16 that understand the game better than the "casual" fans. I'm not just picking at you but I just want you to know that you dont have some sort of niche in the fact that you're young and a "proper" fan.

But having said that,there is a very vast majority of teenagers who would be very casual fans. Maybe you should start training and get involved in Irish MMA also,it'll give you a better understanding of the sport of Mixed Martial Arts not just TEH UFC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭kravicecreama

So other than instigating a bit of a flame war, does the op have any intention in adding to this thread or was this all just a bit of free advertising for the show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

So other than instigating a bit of a flame war, does the op have any intention in adding to this thread or was this all just a bit of free advertising for the show?
    Why so cynical??? The post done exactly what we hoped it would. We are currently talking with some people and actually had one guy do 'mma news' on last nights show who saw the ad on the thread mentioned :D This thread was not created as you would put it for 'a bit of free advertising for the show' (we don't need it) but surprise surprise........... because we were actually looking to expand and figured 1)there are alot of people on here who actually know and love mma and 2)if they were not interested or available etc they might know someone who is. We are currently in a transitional period of growth and expansion and that means the show is becoming bigger and better. Our thanks to everyone who contacted us and we look forward to bringing you guys .....and gals the best show we can. btw a reminder-'Punchin and Crunchin' do what they do because they love what they do!!!! They like many others involved in Irish MMA who bring you news,articals and interviews etc from various websites etc do not alone get no pay for their time consuming task but are actually out of pocket in the process. so if it might appear sometimes that they are promoting their service etc-please remember that this is a free service created for everyone and they gain nothing financially from it. So again .........why so cynical????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

baz123 wrote: »
    Why so cynical??? The post done exactly what we hoped it would. We are currently talking with some people and actually had one guy do 'mma news' on last nights show who saw the ad on the thread mentioned :D This thread was not created as you would put it for 'a bit of free advertising for the show' (we don't need it) but surprise surprise........... because we were actually looking to expand and figured 1)there are alot of people on here who actually know and love mma and 2)if they were not interested or available etc they might know someone who is. We are currently in a transitional period of growth and expansion and that means the show is becoming bigger and better. Our thanks to everyone who contacted us and we look forward to bringing you guys .....and gals the best show we can. btw a reminder-'Punchin and Crunchin' do what they do because they love what they do!!!! They like many others involved in Irish MMA who bring you news,articals and interviews etc from various websites etc do not alone get no pay for their time consuming task but are actually out of pocket in the process. so if it might appear sometimes that they are promoting their service etc-please remember that this is a free service created for everyone and they gain nothing financially from it. So again .........why so cynical????????

I hope your radio show uses paragraphs :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

:pac: sometimes......if theres time ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

DrPhilG wrote: »
    ?

George Sotiropolous didn't fight at 100. Did you meant 110?

I mean't 101. He beat roop it was the last fight shown on ESPN my bad

rugbyman wrote: »
    I mean't 101. He beat roop it was the last fight shown on ESPN my bad

here's a tip lads, don't use your dad's side of the computer :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

Wally of the week, Awa/SD

Rugbyman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭kravicecreama

here's a tip lads, don't use your dad's side of the computer :D