Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Montessori Teaching 'Diploma' in Portobello College

• 26-05-2010 10:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭

I need some help here please.

A friend is doing the above course. It's not a diploma per se but it is a component certificate, ie: along with this cert she will need 4 add on modules which she will do in order to make it a full level 6 award, which I am assuming means it will be the full diploma.

The question I'm asking here is what will she be actually awarded at the end of this year?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sunshinejoy

She will get 6 fetac level 6 component certs along with portobellos montessori diploma.
    If your friend does the extra 4 modules, then she will have a major fetac award level 6 in supervision in childcare.
    hth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Thanks.

Is she employable with this qualification?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Vinoveritas

peanuthead wrote: »
    I need some help here please.

A friend is doing the above course. It's not a diploma per se but it is a component certificate, ie: along with this cert she will need 4 add on modules which she will do in order to make it a full level 6 award, which I am assuming means it will be the full diploma.

The question I'm asking here is what will she be actually awarded at the end of this year?

thanks

Your friend should check with her college for an accurate breakdown of the Certificates she is due to receive.

Supervision in Childcare (DCXXX)
    In order to achieve a Major Award at FETAC Level 6 in Supervision in Childcare (DCXXX) your friend will need to have completed the following 4 components:

All of the following FETAC component(s)

D30005 Child Development
    D30176 Early Childhood Programmes
    D30177 Social and Legal Issues in Childcare
    D30178 Supervision in Childcare

plus one other module from the list of electives as outlined by FETAC http://www.fetac.ie/fetac/awardsDirectory.do?method=getMajorAwardDetails&majorAwardId=5441&fromPage=awardsByNFQLevelelective.

This list includes:

L32389 Montessori Culture Exercises
    L32390 Montessori Language Exercises
    L32391 Montessori Mathematics
    L32392 Montessori Sensorial Exercises
    L32393 Montessori Practical Life Exercises
    L32394 Montessori Theory and Practice
    L32428 After School Childcare
    L32480 Life Skills
    L32481 Sensorial Education
    L32482 Language Development
    N32483 Early Learning Philosophy