Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That's not sweat. It's my body crying.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

1ceman wrote: »
    5 rounds of 45secs AMRAP (as many reps as possible) Deadlifts 70kg, rest 15secs then 45secs burpees.

Got a total of 55 deadlifts and 54 burpees.

Was feeling hungry going in so not the best levels of energy, can probably get a bit better score.

Can you set your stopwatch to beep after the 45secs or something for the AMRAP's? I find it wild awkward to do timed sets like that because I have to keep looking at my phone to see when the secs are up - and I'm usually out by the few secs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Do you mean there won't be such a big difference between the times? Cause I was thinking with 17 seconds between 1st and 3rd round that this was a fast drop in endurance. :)
    yes there wont be such a big difference

G86 wrote: »
    Can you set your stopwatch to beep after the 45secs or something for the AMRAP's? I find it wild awkward to do timed sets like that because I have to keep looking at my phone to see when the secs are up - and I'm usually out by the few secs.
    a few of my clients have got a http://www.gymboss.com/

for all that and not very expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭1ceman

G86 wrote: »

Yeah I can set it for intervals so I set it for 45 secs on and then 15 secs rest time and it beeps during the last 5 seconds of both on and rest and then makes a different sound when the time is actually up.

First time I tried the intervals setting on it and very happy with it!

It's a Garmin FR60 which came with a footpod for distances and chest strap for the heart rate monitor. Really handy for outdoor running as well.

Transform wrote: »
    a few of my clients have got a http://www.gymboss.com/

for all that and not very expensive

Pretty neat and definitely a much cheaper solution than mine!

• Advertisement

Front squats 5x5
    Some warmup with just the bar
    1x20KG
    1x30KG
    1x50KG
    1x60KG
    1x70KG

Then:
    Row 1000m, run 2km and Row 1000m again. Finished in 20:38.

I'm baaaaaack :D

Haven't trained now in 5 weeks :o:o Went on holidays and then some stuff but I'm not here to make excuses, I'm here to get back in the routine and train harder.

So starting again I repeated the first day on my current program which is:

Couplet of back squats + box hops
    (7 sets of 3reps - 1x50KG 1x60KG 4x80KG 1x90KG).
    Then 3 sets of partial squats (1x90 1x100 1x110KG).

Finished with 2x500m row with 1min break between sets.

Expected to feel weaker than I did but still didn't want to go crazy on my first day back :).

Couplet of Deadlift + Dumbbell bench press 4 x 10reps.

Deadlift:
    1x50
    1x60
    1x70
    1x80

Bench:
    1x22.5
    3x25

Then ran 1KM in 5:20

Did a session with Transform and we were doing the Crossfit main site WOD (scaled for me :o )

This was 5 rounds of:
    5x Ring dips
    10x Overhead Squats
    15x Knees to elbows (should have been Toes to bar!)
    20x GHR situps (reverted to regular situps after 10 GHR's as my back was hurting a bit from them)

Never done ring dips before, got the first set in unassisted and then used a band...
    Did all OH squats @30KG in unbroken sets.
    Only did 10 Knees to elbows on sets 3 and 4 and then back to 15 when I had Transform standing there shouting at me (thank you!). Sets were very broken (in 2's by round 2!)

If I remember correctly I finished this a couple of seconds shy of 29 minutes which is a performance I can't say I'm happy with.

Knees to elbows are a killer for me and definitely need work like everything else. They were by far the slowest point in this.

Couplet of step ups (8reps) + knees to elbows 10reps for 5 sets
    Step ups using an adjustable plate, not sure of the height, just below my knee (dumbbells in each hand so added weight is x2):
    1x12.5
    2x15
    1x17.5
    1x20

Knees to elbows sets were each broken in 2bouts of 5 reps. Felt much better than they did on Friday (read: I did not feel like dying), maybe there's a technique to it that I'm getting the hang of?

Then couplet of seated rows + back extensions 4-5 x 8reps

Seated rows (in KG):
    2x48
    1x55
    1x61
    1x68

Back extensions:
    2x10
    3x15

• Advertisement

Did a session with Transform and we were doing the Crossfit main site WOD (scaled for me :o )

This was 5 rounds of:
    5x Ring dips
    10x Overhead Squats
    15x Knees to elbows (should have been Toes to bar!)
    20x GHR situps (reverted to regular situps after 10 GHR's as my back was hurting a bit from them)

Never done ring dips before, got the first set in unassisted and then used a band...
    Did all OH squats @30KG in unbroken sets.
    Only did 10 Knees to elbows on sets 3 and 4 and then back to 15 when I had Transform standing there shouting at me (thank you!). Sets were very broken (in 2's by round 2!)

If I remember correctly I finished this a couple of seconds shy of 29 minutes which is a performance I can't say I'm happy with.

Knees to elbows are a killer for me and definitely need work like everything else. They were by far the slowest point in this.
    super session man and not many people would have gotten through even one round of that never mind 5 rounds!!

Transform wrote: »
    super session man and not many people would have gotten through even one round of that never mind 5 rounds!!

Way to make me feel better about it. That's why you're the best! :D

2mins to complete 4 deadlifts @ body weight (90KG), 5 pull ups, 6 burpees x 10 rounds.

A new round starts every 2mins

Finished the last round with 31 seconds left.

Then added a 1KM run in about 5:20.

Very good session this was :)

3.3KM run through the park. Stopped midway and did 15 pullups and 15 toes to bar.
    Had to slow it down to a fast walk a couple of times on the way back up the incline.
    Finished in about 24:30

Then 5 sets of 3 push press with the new 24KG kettlebell with 30 second plank between each set.

Couplet of Swiss ball leg curls 20reps + Bench press (8reps) for 5sets.
    Bench:
    1x50KG
    2x60KG
    2x70KG

Finish with 10reps of Glute ham raises + 50% less weight on bench (15reps) for 4 sets.

Then - 10 x 50m sprints with 30secs break between sets.

10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,reps of Box hops and Front squats at 50kg.
    Finished in 14:40 (had to work in on the step I use as a "box" for the first 3 sets).

Then ran 1KM in 5:15.

Ran 4KM in 24:00

Then couplet of one arm snatch for 3reps + Box hop 6 reps for 4 sets (out of time).
    Snatch @1x10KG 3x15KG

Went in today and worked my way up to a max deadlift of

165KG

Yay :D

Then some planks, 10 toes to bar, scap pushups and the standard stretching and foam rolling.

Crossfit Eva
    5 rounds of:
    800m run, 30 KB swings (24KG), 30 pull ups

For a total of 4KM run, 150KB swings and 150 pullups.

Finished in 1:15:39... :eek:

Advertisement