Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sizzling Pakistan: 53.0°C!

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Su Campu wrote: »
    Dewpoints were around -1°C so that meant relative humidity of only around 4%, so while it was hot, there are cooler but more humid places that would FEEL hotter (the 84°C heat index in Pakistan above, for instance!!)

I experienced 47c in the Mojave Desert outside Las Vegas,two of us hopped out of the SUV and proceeded to spend over an hour shooting at an outdoor shooting range, despite the high temperatures the very low humidity makes it far more bearable. A hot day in Ireland with high humidity is very uncomfortable and I could live happily in the high forties so long as the humidity stayed very low. Atlanta, GA is supposed to be a killer for humid heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭eoinor

Stinicker wrote: »
    Atlanta, GA is supposed to be a killer for humid heat.
    It sure is! During the summer, on clear days we would get thunder storms and heavy rain at around three every afternoon. It would last for 15 or 20 minutes, then the sun would be back out and all the roads would be steaming. The heat was a real killer but every where had air-conditioning. The evenings were perfect except for the mosquitoes!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭j1979p

New Jersey can also be a killer in the summer in terms of humidity. I have never experienced heat like it anywhere in Europe and I go on sun holidays every year!

Temperatures reached 39/40 after midday and with a humidity of about 50% which meant temperatures felt like the mid 40's unlike those desert places which get high 40's temperatures but feel like 30's due to low humidity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

j1979p wrote: »
    New Jersey can also be a killer in the summer in terms of humidity. I have never experienced heat like it anywhere in Europe and I go on sun holidays every year!

Temperatures reached 39/40 after midday and with a humidity of about 50% which meant temperatures felt like the mid 40's unlike those desert places which get high 40's temperatures but feel like 30's due to low humidity.

A few years ago I was in New York City in August a few years ago and it was around 36c and it was a struggle with humidity.

Advertisement