Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone replaced not repaired?

Options
  • 26-05-2010 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I recently had a spare phone repaired and took it out to use it last week. I noticed the phone was more tattered than the phone I left in.
    I checked the documentation and the IMEI numbers are different, hence a different phone.

The phone was a year old and while this one is working it's not in as good nick as my own.

What should/can I do here??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Depending on the value of your old phone, cost of repair and what mood are you in...
    a) Return it and ask for your old one back, repaired of course
    b) Forget it, it's only a spare and is working unlike your old one.
    c) Ask why they gave you a different phone then decide, it may be a valid reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

It's a decent phone, SE C905 and I was thinking of using it regularly again so I think I'll give them the chance to explain what happened, then decide what to do.

I'm sure they can't just give me any phone they want..

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭krpc

It's normal process to receive a printed document stating the repairs that has been effected to a handset. If, in this case, the handset was replaced it would also state this on the printed sheet. Did you receive one when you collected your handset? If not, you can return to the store and there will be a record (including a record of the IMEI) from the point you logged your handset in for repair to the point you received your current one.

Generally, a store representative makes it clear if a replacement or refurbished handset is being given in lieu of a previous item and the refurbished units are usually in good quality. This could be an issue of you receiving the wrong handset back from repair meaning that someone else might have yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Could it be the same housing and different inners? Hense new imei. I know you're saying it was not that bad when left in, so that may be something their, but check the repai document and this would normally contain old and new imei. Sure you'd need this for warranty down the line

Advertisement