Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2002 Peugeot 206- opinions appreciated

• 26-05-2010 11:46pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've been looking for a reasonably decent Peugeot 206 for around 2-3k. I'm pretty clueless about cars but I've found one that seems pretty decent and has a new NCT. The new NCT I assume is a good sign but unfortunately I don't know anybody clued up about cars to check it out for me so I thought I'd venture into 'Motors' and see if anyone thinks it seems like a good buy if they don't mind. I only really want it for learning to drive in and then as a little runaround. :o
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Peugeot/206/1.1LX--N/201017197774500/advert?channel=CARS

Thank you to anyone with any thoughts. :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

a good little car in general. it has one one owner which is a big plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Hi Posy, you'll probably find a load of people coming out with the "French cars are shoite" routine, but I think they're a good car.

I had one for 2 years and my wife has had hers for 3.5 years and counting. We've had very few problems between us. The car came out 11 years ago or so, and I think it still looks pretty good. It also has a good few more features than other cars in its niche - particularly the German ones.

Main drawback is that the 1.1 engine is quite underpowered. Grand for city driving, but gutless on the motorway. That might not be a big factor for you though?

That particular one is an LX, so it's not the base spec. It seems to be pretty clean and has a full NCT. That's not a guarantee in its own right by any means, but still a hassle you don't have to deal with for 2 years.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

They are a poor enough car. Look wider.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Thanks for the input guys. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The one thing I found uncomfortable with this car is the position of the pedals, they are too close to each other. I don't have big feet but found that the clutch and brake pedals were almost on top of each other.

Something to take into consideration.

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »
    The one thing I found uncomfortable with this car is the position of the pedals, they are too close to each other. I don't have big feet but found that the clutch and brake pedals were almost on top of each other.

Something to take into consideration.

Actually, I've heard a lot of people say that as well. I've size 11 shoes and it never bothered me, though when I had the car I hadn't all that much experience in other cars. The 106 was way worse though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I sat into one when they first came out and that's exactly what I noticed, ie the pedals are close together, as if intended for women or men with narrow (and possibly long) feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

im sorry but please buy jap or german. its worth it

what about something lyk this....

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1209788

stevefinn wrote: »
    im sorry but please buy jap or german. its worth it

What German cars would you suggest? A Polo of that era will not be any better; the odds are that it will have a far worse spec.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

same thing with the pedals, I nearly bought a new one in 2000 but couldnt live with the offset pedals and how close together they are.

The Colt is 80's basic, the ex had one and while it was reliable (issues with central locking though) it had no electric windows or mirrors, a tape deck and acres of horrid shiney grey plastic. Driving position was very low too.

I'd look at Yaris's if I were you.
    4 star safety
    Timing chain
    Good driving position
    Easy resale
    Very reliable
    Easy to manouver
    All bar the ultra rare "E" model have power steering, electric windows, central locking and dual airbags.

Colt is 80's basic, the ex had one and while it was reliable (issues with central locking though) it had no electric windows or mirrors, a tape deck and acres of horrid shiney grey plastic. Driving position was very low too.

the attivo models have elec windows and mirrors and a nicer wood finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The special edition ones with the cream coloured seats we got in Ireland had windey windows too

Was the attivo a UK model?
    see an 03 one in the UK, spec reads:
    Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels
    Central Locking
    Electric Windows
    Leather Wrapped Gearshift Knob
    Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
    Roof Spoiler
    SRS Airbags for Driver and Passenger
    Special Blue Interior- Blue Dials, Blue Clock, Blue Stitching in steering Wheel, Blue seats

Dunno how many of these you'd find in Ireland

i was looking at buying a colt a few months ago and there are a few around alright. though people dont generally say attivo cos they dont know it is one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭Bookkeeper09

Drove one of these for 5 years. Never had any trouble. Only thing I had to do with it besides regular servicing was change a light bulb!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

Just bought a '04 206 1.1 popart two weeks ago and am very happy with it so far but I do agree with the fact that the pedals are pretty close but you can get used to it.

Comfortable and hopefully reliable car

Advertisement