Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Yet another question...sorry!!

• 26-05-2010 11:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭

Sorry for all the questions.

We have just looked at another campervan this evening - its a registered campervan in the north but he said he'd pay the vrt on it etc..

Now the problem is I'm not sure if it would pass the guidelines as a camper here.

It has a fixed basin - an actual basin with a hole in it and a drainer like a sink but its a basin.

Also it doesn't have a 2 ring gas hob - actually it doesn't have gas at all, it has an electric grill and microwave

i am just confused because of the information on the vrt website about other cooking applicances - does there have to be a gas hob or am I reading too much into this link below.
    http://www.vrt.ie/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=10&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

We both absolutely love it, its a beautiful conversion and plenty of potential.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

nyeb2007 wrote: »
    Sorry for all the questions.

We have just looked at another campervan this evening - its a registered campervan in the north but he said he'd pay the vrt on it etc..

Now the problem is I'm not sure if it would pass the guidelines as a camper here.

It has a fixed basin - an actual basin with a hole in it and a drainer like a sink but its a basin.

Also it doesn't have a 2 ring gas hob - actually it doesn't have gas at all, it has an electric grill and microwave

i am just confused because of the information on the vrt website about other cooking applicances - does there have to be a gas hob or am I reading too much into this link below.
    http://www.vrt.ie/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=10&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

We both absolutely love it, its a beautiful conversion and plenty of potential.

How do you cook in that van when you are not hooked up to 220v? You wouldn't even be able to make a cup of tea. Does it meet the 1.8 metre height rule? TBH if it was a decent conversion you would expect a decent sink, hob etc. From reading your link and the info above it doesn't have a hob with 2 rings so it doesn't meet the requirement. Then again only the revenue commisioners would be able to give you the guidance you need .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭nyeb2007

*Kol* wrote: »
    How do you cook in that van when you are not hooked up to 220v? You wouldn't even be able to make a cup of tea. Does it meet the 1.8 metre height rule? TBH if it was a decent conversion you would expect a decent sink, hob etc. From reading your link and the info above it doesn't have a hob with 2 rings so it doesn't meet the requirement. Then again only the revenue commisioners would be able to give you the guidance you need .

Its a brilliant conversion - none of the electrics are 12v its all 22ov, it has all "normal" household applicances - tv, kettle, bedside lamp, just doesn't have gas hob. I'm gonna ring revenue tomorow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Its a brilliant conversion - none of the electrics are 12v its all 22ov,

Does it come with a 500 km extention cable as well, so you can plug it in at home and just drive off ? :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭nyeb2007

peasant wrote: »
    Does it come with a 500 km extention cable as well, so you can plug it in at home and just drive off ? :D:D:D

No, it comes with a 1000km cable !!!

Ah not really whatever sort of batteries or invertors or whatever are in it charge the electrics.

Really my main concern is does the hob have to be gas or would an electric 2 ring one do, cause you can get them in argos, an also the sink/basin issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

I think you should keep looking. No 12v electrics and no gas are two very basic things to be missing from a camper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Ah not really whatever sort of batteries or invertors or whatever are in it charge the electrics.

Somebody is having you on ...you'd need a whole camper full of batteries to power your 220v cooker long enough to make some dinner.

Edit ...or failing that, a big, fat generator

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

It's a conversion done by a crazy person it's no good to you look else where.

Advertisement