Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quinn insurance renewal up....?

• 26-05-2010 11:54pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The insurance policy on my bike (2005 ducati monster 620) is up for renewal. I'm with quinn. It's €479 which is ok, cheaper than last year I think, I've got 2 years ncb.

Question is, am I likely to get a better quote with anyone else or are quinn still the cheapest these days? Are they risky at all with the recent controversy?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Sorry man, but you really won't know until you ring around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

i wouldn't be to worried about whether Quinn are risky or not, all insurance policies are subject to a government levy in case of an insurance company suffering difficulties :0

do a search on PMPA in the 1980's and the government levy applied since then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

not risky at all - the only thing that will make them riskey is people not renewing with them.... stick with irish man...

And that quote seems high for 2 years ncb on a monster... did you do the quinn assessment or anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

no harm ringing around anyway - bit of healthy competition and all that. only 4 companies, so not gonna take ya a month of sundays

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Yep I did the level 2 assessment. Was hoping it might be lower, what other companies should I call?

• Advertisement

Zascar wrote: »
    Yep I did the level 2 assessment. Was hoping it might be lower, what other companies should I call?

Aon are willing to quote me when I pass my test and get a L2 assessment on a Firestorm, that's with one years NCB. Give them a call. Try Adelaide as well but from what I hear they're more expensive than Aon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭thebiglad

I am not a fan of Quinn Insurance and would not insure with them cos I don't trust them not to try and avoid any claims made but that is a seperate issue.

If you are happy to play the roulette of a claim against Quinn then I do not think the recent administration has changed anything at all, if anything they are probably now more stable as they are under the control of the regulator.

If Quinn is cheapest and your only concern is whether they will stay in business to honour your year's policy or settle your claim - do not worry about it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Hahahaha a quick quote on http://www.aonbikecare.ie gives me a quote on €1,318!!! I think I got a cheaper price when I was on a provisional with no no-claims!

Hahahaha a quick quote on http://www.aonbikecare.ie gives me a quote on €1,318!!! I think I got a cheaper price when I was on a provisional with no no-claims!

Probably better off calling, online quotes can be a bit hit and miss.

jayzus, i just got a quote of
    Total: €1544.37

with quinn i'm paying €341 on a cbr600rr and i'm 25, full licence, and quinn level 2

• Advertisement

oh, and i'm fully comp with quinn.... i love quinn.......:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Was the €479 a renewal quote in a letter? Or did you ring them to see what it would cost?

If it was a quote through the post, ring them to see if they can drop the price further, usually they can so it is worth the call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

ha, 2.2k from the Aon calc... 450 from adelaide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I was on €385 fully comp with quinn this year. I cancelled after less than a month when I got the blackbird and went to adelaide for €500 fully comp but with FC driving of other bikes and a multi-bike policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,367 ✭✭✭bladespin

thebiglad wrote: »
    I am not a fan of Quinn Insurance and would not insure with them cos I don't trust them not to try and avoid any claims made but that is a seperate issue.

If you are happy to play the roulette of a claim against Quinn then I do not think the recent administration has changed anything at all, if anything they are probably now more stable as they are under the control of the regulator.

If Quinn is cheapest and your only concern is whether they will stay in business to honour your year's policy or settle your claim - do not worry about it.

Where do you get that BS from?

Their claims handling is exemplary, they've got one of the fastest turn arounds in the business.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

bladespin wrote: »
    Where do you get that BS from?

Their claims handling is exemplary, they've got one of the fastest turn arounds in the business.

Third party they do, I have heard differently when your trying to claim comprehensive. They sit on it for a long time. Might have just been a few negative experiances though.

I had similar quotes form Carol Nash and Aon when trying to insure this year. 600-700 from Quinn and adeliade, but 2.7k and 1.8 from Carol Nash and Aon. Seems they don't want any bikers under 30 without 6+ years of NCB.

Their claim handelers are on commission relating to the lenght of time a claim is settled - they are really fast and sorting things out

Advertisement