Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NEW CLUB OPENING IN DROGHEDA

• 27-05-2010 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

HI LADS, I AM OPENING A CLUB @ THE END OF NEXT WEEK
    NEAR THE MAIN STREET IN DROGHEDA REALLY LOOKING FWD TO IT FOCUSING ON BJJ & MMA JUST WAITING TO FINAL LIES A FEW THINGS
    MORE INFO TO FOLLOW :)

http://www.waynefaganbjj.com/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

at long last :D what standup will you be concentrating on Wayne?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭wayno

baz123 wrote: »
    at long last :D what standup will you be concentrating on Wayne?
    BOXING , BUT HOPE TO HAVE A GOOD THAI BOXER WIT ME :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

At least provide details of training venue, costs, times, contact details etc, being from Drogheda I would have an interest in this as far as keeping fit and getting back in to martial arts but getting your pal / stand up coach to post a response to the post looks unprofessional and cheap, not to mention the bit about "the main street" which makes you sound like you are not from the area or even there long enough to learn it's name , sorry but I find that insulting.

Not having a go lad's just saying cop on , 1st impressions last!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

calex71 wrote: »
    At least provide details of training venue, costs, times, contact details etc, being from Drogheda I would have an interest in this as far as keeping fit and getting back in to martial arts but getting your pal / stand up coach to post a response to the post looks unprofessional and cheap, not to mention the bit about "the main street" which makes you sound like you are not from the area or even there long enough to learn it's name , sorry but I find that insulting.

Would you get real!.

What, someone needs to be from the area to open up a club so YOUR not insulted?.. Grow some balls and get over yourself ffs.

Wayne is an excellent BJJ coach and competitor.

I've little doubt he'll bring along equally good striking coaches.

As i sad MORE INFO TO FOLLOW !!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Wayne is only in the process of finalising the details so will post them up when its done, Drogheda/Dundalk area does not have anyone who has Waynes ground abilities and with Boxing/Thai Boxing on board then Drogheda is in for a treat, Best of luck with new club Wayne..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

All the best with the new club Wayne from all at www.fight.ie and the team at Cage Contender

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

From my point of view(actually living in Drogheda) This is Awesome news and what the town needs. I know a couple of people had been looking into it and obviously without success. It is also great to hear that Wayne is so well respected and recognised in the Irish mma community(and obviously bjj)and i know off hand a few people who would be interested in this. The fact that he doesn't know the main st is in fact called 'west st' .......... is of zero consequence as far as i can see. As long as he can teach a class in what he says he will then i have no beef with his lack of knowledge of drogheda street names :D i wish him and his people the very best- its just another reminder that this sport is growing and growing and you guys must be doing something right :)keep 'punchin and crunchin' Irelands only mma radio show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Best of luck with this Wayne!

What happened with the place in Swords?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

The Swords MMA club is still going. I'm (Kevin Lally) taking over from Wayne Fagan in teaching BJJ 2 nights a week not sure who's taking the MMA over just yet. Edited this to reflect what Andy Says.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭TEAM RYANO

hi guys
    andy ryan here from TEAM RYANO MMA
    there is no team ryano fighter taking over from wayne
    maybe an old member but this is the first i heard of this ,
    kevin give me a ring
    TEAM RYANO MMA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Not my intention to have a go at the guy or come over self-righteous, which I clearly did :o and so I apologize to Wayne for this. I did actually take time to read his web site and credentials before posting and was impressed and happy someone of his caliber was coming to Drogheda. The bit about the 'main street' I took exception to as (call it town Pride and suspicion / fear of outsiders if you like) I felt if you open a business at least learn the street names of the town you operate in or at least the main street so you can find tesco and tumbleweeds and not much else :)

Anyway to Wayne, I wish you all the best, I know several people including myself (if welcome :D ) who would be interested in your new endeavor. One question though are you planning on running classes at weekends also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Not my intention to have a go at the guy or come over self-righteous, which I clearly did :o and so I apologize to Wayne for this.

For some reason its not very common for an Irishman to 'man up and apologize for something, so fair play to ya.

If you drop down, its somewhere around the main street :p - you won't find Waynes coaching lacking.

If you drop down, its somewhere around the main street :p -

Love it!!

Wayne would welcome you no problem, just try to lose the accent and you'll be fine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

Good Luck with the club, I look forward to seeing your fighters on some shows in Ireland.

More clubs with good coaches is good thing for Irish MMA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭gambitthefirst

best of luck with the new club, this town needs some bjj around and i'l be thier for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭hisholinessnb

Any updates on this club?
    class times etc etc?

Any updates on this club?
    class times etc etc?

Should be opening next tuesday i'll put timetable up here by the weekend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mark W.

Where in drogheda is the club going to be ??
    and any ideas of the types of fee's to be paid and will there be beginners welcome with the hope of going up through the belt grades ???

Mark W. wrote: »
    Where in drogheda is the club going to be ??
    and any ideas of the types of fee's to be paid and will there be beginners welcome with the hope of going up through the belt grades ???
    Hi,
    the club is on shop street beginners are definitely welcome and yes u will be graded , give me a call mark to discuss fees number on website
    cheers wayne :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ultimatemma

Best of Luck Wayne, hope everything works out for you! Don't forget to send all your members to me for their gear! Good Luck!!!

www.ultimatemmasupplies.ie

Classes
    Bjj beginners 645-800 Tuesday -Thursday
    bjj inter-adv 800-915 Tuesday -Thursday
    Adult mma 800- 915 monday-Wednesday
    Teenage mma 645-800 monday- Wednesday
    mma all Levels Saturday 11-1230
    Day classes comeing in july :)

wayno wrote: »
    Classes
    Bjj beginners 645-800 Tuesday -Thursday
    bjj inter-adv 800-915 Tuesday -Thursday
    Adult mma 800- 915 monday-Wednesday
    Teenage mma 645-800 monday- Wednesday
    mma all Levels Saturday 11-1230
    Day classes comeing in july :)
    Sorry lads the address is 31 shop street above boylesports cheers
    wayne fagan

Will the Mma section be seperated from the beginner Bjj ?? Or will we be learning both together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭hisholinessnb

One more question (for now!), do you have a price per class?

One more question (for now!), do you have a price per class?

i pm you :)

Can you P.m Me the prices too ??

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭caseyjones1

Can you pm me prices too :D
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭alfaz

Could you send me the prices too.
    I'd be a complete beginner at this and would love to try to get into it.

Best of luck with it all too!

• Advertisement

Lads im not trying to be funny but just ring Wayne and ask him anything you need to ask-that way you will get more definite answers and be able to ask him more specific questions..

Advertisement