Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opera at Mayo Movie World

• 27-05-2010 12:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭

There was a sensational performance of Wagners Das Rheingold live from La Scala tonight telecast in HD to mayo movie world - disappointing audience figures- it was fantastic though - the next opera on there is Tosca on June 10th- this is an ever popular opera and even if you have never been before this one is worth a shot.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 thebionn

Sounds great - not sure about live shows broadcast to cinemas though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭westtip

thebionn wrote: »
    Sounds great - not sure about live shows broadcast to cinemas though.

I was skeptical when I first started going to them last year and I have seen a lot of live opera all over the world, but the sound quality is amazing and whole way these things are done on screen makes it very dramatic occassion - ok so you are not in the opera house - but when these broadcasts are coming from all over the world this is not possible and its possible to hear some very good international standard opera at a very good price you can by the way win tickets for Tosca if you text the word Tosca followed by your name to 085<snip> avertised in todays Western, so give it a shot!

Tosca is on thursday night at 7.30 at Mayomovieworld shoudl be good

It was absolutely brilliant!" did anyone else go to that tosca tonight from Teatro carlo Felice Genoa - Wow that was some Tosca! I've never seen both Vissi D'arte and E Lucean Stell both completely repeated as encores on stage during a performance - Daniela Dessi was a sensational Tosca, Claudio Sgura's menacing Scarpia was phenonemal and I just loved Fabio Armiliato's energy in his Caravadossi - Very traditional production but what the hell.

So glad we have this channel for distribution of international opera - well done mayomovieworld - the audience has gone up and hopefully it will grow - this was a Tosca that will leave a lasting impression.

Advertisement