Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do in Portumna/surrounding areas!?

Options
  • 27-05-2010 12:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hey,
    Im going to be in portumna over the weekend with a few of the girls and was wondering if any of you could suggest anything fun to do? Or maybe even in the surrounding towns? eg any good pubs..outdoor activities..
    I do realise i could google all of this :rolleyes: but i just want to get maybe some locals views on this or some people who'v already been.

Anything atall will go really :D so whatever youve got will be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭damoth

Paintballing, Karting, Cruise on the Lake, Pitch & Putt, Horse Riding - There is a list of some stuff here: http://www.portumna.net/tourism/attractions.html

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

Portumna Castle is well worth a visit, also the forest park.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

Pubs: An Caislean and Curleys are the main two. If you fancy a spin out to Terryglass the Derg and Paddys are pretty good. Personal reccommendation is An Caislean right across ffrom the Square/Church; it's always good craic in there. For a proper old mans pub experience hop across to Hayes right across from the Caislean.

I'll get back to you with more on this as I'm a native :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 prettie

Ill second that paddys in terryglass worth a visit nice walk down shannon lane if weather is nice will be buzzing with watersport activities and can swim back to portumna or if ye have a few bob to spare take out a boat from portumna???:D

Advertisement