Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funderland

Options
  • 27-05-2010 2:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

Starts later today out Groody roundabout. Is €20 for 4 hours of unlimited rides 2-6 or 6-10 a good deal? Seems steep, could be good idea to go halves with someone and take turns with it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭irishleedsfan

Its something like 57 euros for a family of 2 adults and 2 kids which is steep but i suppose its better than paying god knows much every 5 minutes for the kids to go on the rides until they throw up:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Its a bit steep seeing as they dont have that many attractions

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Scumderland is back, brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Yep truly a scum hole to beat the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

There'll be a lot of big scary 'rides' there - all dressed in cellulite-pocked fluorescent lycra, each one with figures like 6 Badgers fighting under a blanket.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Raiser wrote: »
    There'll be a lot of big scary 'rides' there - all dressed in cellulite-pocked fluorescent lycra, each one with figures like 6 Badgers fighting under a blanket.

oh im robbing that....brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

I wonder do some posters here ever leave their houses for fear they may bump into a scumbag. They attract scum alright but I've never seen much trouble at it in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

BRILLIANT! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Agree Jigga - went last year a week or 2 after it first opened and it was grand (scum wise)! And Funderland itself is great - not exactly six flags etc. but it's not all that bad!

Anytime anything is announced in Limerick - it's "ah the scumbags will run it". It's not always the case (Skyfest, Munster games on big screens in town etc etc).

Hope I am not proved wrong now!! :cool:
    Not sure I like the price though - last year it was €1 in and you payed for the rides you went on.
    Jigga wrote: »
    I wonder do some posters here ever leave their houses for fear they may bump into a scumbag. They attract scum alright but I've never seen much trouble at it in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Anyone who is going this evening, let us know how good it is.

In reference to some posters comments about scumbags ect... I think theres people put on this earth to be negative and just to knock everything and anything, seeking attention ect. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Agree Jigga - went last year a week or 2 after it first opened and it was grand (scum wise)! And Funderland itself is great - not exactly six flags etc. but it's not all that bad!

Anytime anything is announced in Limerick - it's "ah the scumbags will run it". It's not always the case (Skyfest, Munster games on big screens in town etc etc).

Hope I am not proved wrong now!! :cool:
    Not sure I like the price though - last year it was €1 in and you payed for the rides you went on.

You are joking right? the houses opposite it had a pile of breakins and my girlfriends neighbour had their car broken into twice, strange how it was only during Scumderlands stay that this all happened, no trouble before or since.

Being that scum are attracted to bright lights and loud noises, a carnival with awful techno music blaring out of the ride speakers is like flies to sh1t to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Jigga wrote: »
    Starts later today out Groody roundabout. Is €20 for 4 hours of unlimited rides 2-6 or 6-10 a good deal? Seems steep, could be good idea to go halves with someone and take turns with it!

I'll be taking the kids but paying the old fashioned way , they have made it 1.50 entry fee, god knows how much they'll charge for the rides this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I'm surprised half of ye here even leave your houses the way ye go on about scumbags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Ah it is what you make of it, like anything. I've been and had lotsa fun amongst the scum :) Some of the rides are pretty scary! (not the ones in neon lycra..)

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

Shammy wrote: »
    I'll be taking the kids but paying the old fashioned way , they have made it 1.50 entry fee, god knows how much they'll charge for the rides this year.

phew, so you can still pay the old fashioned way? after the OPs post, i thought you HAD to pay 20 bucks in, and that would have been a dealbreaker for me.

anyone who's gone, let us know what rides they have please!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Passed Scumderland yestersay evening, Armed Response Unit outside it and a patrol car in the car park.
    The estate opposite it had barriers and people who I persume were residents stopping cars only letting residents in

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Passed Scumderland yestersay evening, Armed Response Unit outside it and a patrol car in the car park.

They wouldn't let them in, they told them it was regulars only

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

phew, so you can still pay the old fashioned way? after the OPs post, i thought you HAD to pay 20 bucks in, and that would have been a dealbreaker for me.

anyone who's gone, let us know what rides they have please!

Yeah according to the limerick post.

regular : 19.95
    junior :12.95 (under 1.1m in height)
    family :59:95 (2 adults & 2 kids)
    groups :17.95 (12 or more prebooked on funderland.com)
    pay as you go : pay per attraction in the usual way subject to 1.50 admission fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭clarelad

would you get hassle out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

clarelad wrote: »
    would you get hassle out there?

Very ambiguous...... You looking or avoiding?

:D

- Don't make eye-contact with anyone, if asked for a chip you'd better hand it over, if they ask you are you looking at their Girlfriend then run as I'm not sure that there's a right answer......!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭clarelad

:D avoiding

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

I live right across the road from it, I can see most of the big wheel from my sitting room but I must remember to close all my windows this week just in case.

I wodner if you 'pay as you go' will each individual reide be €10 or something like that?

I am due to go 2m night but there is nothing that I would be mad anxious to que up for. Will report back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

Is the water ride there this year?? That's my favourite one..

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

Yes the 'Wild River' is here this year again! This would be my preferred ride of choice too.

However, the name 'Wild River' is about as realistic as the 'Tunnel of Death' in Father Ted

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭houndsoflove

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cremeegg

very funny chief

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

scariest ride ever:D

wait till you see her turn:D lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

Couple of Pics I took Last year. Same rides again this year.

IMGP8057.JPG

Pick your funny comment from the choices below or suggest a new one.
    " Hey I can see my house from here! "
    " New Stress test for Wonder Bra"
    " Just as well that me tracksuit is tucked into me Trainers! cos I just Shat Meself! "

IMGP0655.JPG

IMGP7861.JPG
    No one could remember how Laura first developed her fear of Water....

IMGP7941.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭littlemissteach

Hey- just wondering, anyone who has been this year-if you pay the €1.50 admission only, how much are the rides each on average?
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Wow, you nearly had a glamour shot on the first picture. That womans Chesticles wearing the brown top and white pants nearly came out to say hello.

Mind you don't put up any pictures of children on the site. ;)

Advertisement