Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice please!!!

Options
  • 27-05-2010 7:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hey guys,

I’m finished college a year this may and still no full time job as had hoped. I’m working part-time in a bar and on jobseekers allowance which has been keeping me going. I’m living full time at home in a small town since last may, and at the minute, I’m feeling smothered between home the pressure of getting a job and everything else.

I woke up this morning and said this is it……..time for a change. I was going to move into a new apartment next week as I couldn’t hack living at home much longer. I thought, why not go to Australia and get the hell out of here for a year!!

I’m really serious about this decision but I don’t know what to do next. By the time I get a few pound together it would be the end of September before I could go anywhere. Is there someplace in Dublin where I go to apply for the visa? I was thinking of applying for that next week and getting the ball rolling. I have no credit card at the minute so I would have to apply in person.

Can anyone recommend a site for cheap flights? Or a good flight broker? Have I to book a return flight too even though I’m going for a year and I don’t know when I’ll be back? I have a friend in perth so hopefully she'll still be there at the time.

Thanks for taking the time out to read this!! Cheers for your help in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

It would make your life easier if you could do it on the net. Its much quicker. Other than that i would presume the Australian Embassy?

For flights, shop around. go to every website you can think of, you never know what deal you might get. Generally speaking, travel agents are more expensive than on the net.

They say you either need a flight out of Oz, or $5000 when you arrive. Judging by what people have said on here, they rarely check it. If you do get return tickets, try to get one that you can change the return flight without an extra charge, that will give you some wiggle room bacasue you dont know when you'll be going home.

best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭keithg89

First of all go here https://www.3v.ie/ credit card woes be gone.

then go here http://www.immi.gov.au/ and get your visa. its €160 as far as i can remember.

Gonna use usit for flights myself purely because of the open, year return flights.

Advertisement