Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dive Computer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭fozz10

aquaholics have em for £211 free del

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I got a second hand vyper on eBay for cheap a few years ago, works perfectly, just changed the battery once since which was easy and cheap.

You say "Suunto Vyper with an air/nitrox capabilities" - doesn't the basic model do this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

foto joe wrote: »
    You say "Suunto Vyper with an air/nitrox capabilities" - doesn't the basic model do this?

I think it does, but not 100% sure. I know the Vyper 2 does, and it also allows you to set two gasses (with in-dive switching), so you could use it for deco or if you happen to have a pony with a slightly different mix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I've a basic and old vyper and it does nitrox.

It doesn't allow the switching of gases mid-dive though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭seadeuce

The Suunto Vytec DS has gas switching mid-dive

Seadeuce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

fozz10 wrote: »
    aquaholics have em for £211 free del

Thats fairly pricey for the Vyper..

Have seen it a good 10-15 euro cheaper in Irish shops south of the border.

What about the zoop. Have seen it for about 205 euro and it is identical to older model Vyper except without the seldom used gauge mode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭fozz10

ive checked 3 of the main online stores in the south and its 250 plus delivery and some are on sale at that. theres not much difference in the moneywhere ya buy em i was simply pointin out somewhere with quick delivery and good price. if ya know of some where with em for sale for 235ish then even better for whos lookin to get one:)

loctite wrote: »
    Thats fairly pricey for the Vyper..

Have seen it a good 10-15 euro cheaper in Irish shops south of the border.

What about the zoop. Have seen it for about 205 euro and it is identical to older model Vyper except without the seldom used gauge mode

The onlytime I've ever heard of anyone using gauge mode was by accident. And then you're locked out of dive mode for 24hrs. Taking the gauge mode out is a positive step!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

Taking the gauge mode out is a positive step!

well im too broke to afford a proper gas switching computer, i have two Suunno Vyper computers that i keep in gague mode when im either tech diving or extended range, i keep my dive plan on a slate with a laminated backup in a pocket..

so i would think removing gague mode is bad.. :)

woops.. i read that post, as they removed gague mode from the new vypers :)

• Advertisement

lazygit wrote: »
    well im too broke to afford a proper gas switching computer, i have two Suunno Vyper computers that i keep in gague mode when im either tech diving or extended range, i keep my dive plan on a slate with a laminated backup in a pocket..

Surely a Vyper 2 is cheaper than two Vypers?

Surely a Vyper 2 is cheaper than two Vypers?

got both second hand, and have them about 5 - 6 years, not sure if the vyper 2 was even out at that stage.

one was really really cheap.. like €70 or €80 euro, so i got it as a backup.

lazygit wrote: »

Seriously, though, maybe I should have said "removing gauge mode from a computer aimed at the Recreational/non-Tech market is a good thing".

Better?

If you have a look here you can compare the features on various Suunto products.

On this page I've pre-selected Vyper Air, Vyper and Zoop for you.

Vyper 2 doesn't seem to be listed anymore. Odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭Cipher

Got a Vyper yesterday, not mad on the protective boot but easy to operate.

I'll give it a try at the weekend.

The only thing I don't like is the price for the data transfer cable. It's basically a bog standard usb and the software is free. It really should be included as standard.

Advertisement