If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OUR BEST EVER AV SYSTEM DEALS? AV RECEIVERS FROM £9.99!!!

Options
  • 27-05-2010 11:08am
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Boardies,

Here are some really excellent Boardie Bxclusive deals for you - I think this may be the strongest Boardie exclusive we have ever offered.

To start with we are going to offer two of our best selling 5.1 AV Speaker packs at huge discounts -

When I say huge discounts - I mean bigger discounts than we have ever offered before -even to Boardies!

The 1st pack is the Monitor Audio Bronze Reference 1 BRW10 Pack -
    This consists of the Bronze Reference One * 2, Bronze Reference LCR * 1, Bronze Reference BRW10 Subwoofer (a serious bit of kit!)

This system normally retails at £799.95 - If we were to take about 30% off that price it would come down to just £559.95 and that would be a cracking deal -
    (even better than our previous € for £ offers) - so we have decided to do that -
    ....And offer a Boardie special bonus as well!

SYSTEM 2

picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=6359

The second deal is another scorcher - Again it's on a Monitor Audio 5.1 pack but this time it is the Bronze BR2 Pack

This system normally retails at £879.95 and as you can see from the link it's a What Hifi 5 Star Award winner The system is made up of Monitor Audio Bronze Reference Two * 1 pair, Monitor Audio BRFX dedicated Bi-polar rear speaker * 1 Pair, Monitor Audio Bronze Reference LCR Centre * 1, Monitor Audio BRW10 Subwoofer * 1.

Again we are going to offer it at a 30% Discount so not £879.95 - But £619.95 which again is a really amazing price.

....And offer a Boardie special bonus as well!

And here comes the extra Boardie Bonus:

If you purchase either of these systems we will offer you a bonus:

You can buy one of the following per system at really crazy prices!

Pioneer VSX519 5.1 AV receiver - £9.95 This did retail at £249.95!
    picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=6231
    Or:
    Pioneer VSX819 AV Receiver (includes Ipod & Iphone USB direct input) - £19.95 This did retail at over £300!
    picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=6232
    Or:
    Pioneer BDP320 Blu-Ray DVD Player - £69.95 Again this was originally £349.95!
    picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=6233

Or finally:

Onkyo DV-BD507 Blu Ray DVD Player - £19.95 This retailed at £249.95!

So for instance for £569.90 - you can get a speaker pack worth £799 AND an excellent quality AV receiver as well thrown in! or for £579.90 - you can get a cracking 5.1 AV pack and a quality branded Blu-Ray as well!

The speaker packs are available in a variety of finishes (Black / Walnut / Cherry) and I have set aside a reasonable number of systems for this Boardie Exclusive - so if you are interested - give us a shout, drop us a PM or of course email me directly to johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks as ever guys,

Keep me posted if I can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Sweet Jesus John

Your killing me, Just bought similar gear and not at that price :eek: :o
    Its no wonder your getting awards
    Great deals people !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 brett1985

I am highly considering the MA BR2s with the Pio 819. In terms of your supply and demand do I likely have until Saturday to decide or do I need to make my mind up sooner.

It's a great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

Sweet mother of mercy thats some deal. I have the BR2's and an Onkyo 876 and its an awesome system, highly recommended.

Have I space for two of these?:(

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

brett1985 wrote: »
    I am highly considering the MA BR2s with the Pio 819. In terms of your supply and demand do I likely have until Saturday to decide or do I need to make my mind up sooner.

It's a great deal.

Brettie,

No pressure I hope to have enough stock to run this promotion until the end of the ROI June Bank Holiday weekend.

Keep me posted if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

rafared wrote: »
    Sweet mother of mercy thats some deal. I have the BR2's and an Onkyo 876 and its an awesome system, highly recommended.

Have I space for two of these?:(

There is always space to squeeze in a bargain...;)

J

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Great deals! Thread title is more than a little misleading, though....

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

Hi John

Congrats on the innovative marketing, you have me considering a purchase at a price point I've never considered before because of the value you are offering.

Just wanted to check a couple of things with you.

1) In the £579 AV pack and Blu-ray player you mention do you mean a 5.1 Speaker pack and Blu Ray player? I'm counting the pennies here as I would need a Receiver and Blu Ray player and was going over the various options. I wanted to check is there a £579 pack that offers both?

'So for instance for £569.90 - you can get a speaker pack worth £799 AND an excellent quality AV receiver as well thrown in! or for £579.90 - you can get a cracking 5.1 AV pack and a quality branded Blu-Ray as well!
    '

2) How much would delivery to Wexford and some appropriate speaker cable add to the overall price of either option?

Regards

E30i wrote: »
    Hi John

Congrats on the innovative marketing, you have me considering a purchase at a price point I've never considered before because of the value you are offering.

Just wanted to check a couple of things with you.

1) In the £579 AV pack and Blu-ray player you mention do you mean a 5.1 Speaker pack and Blu Ray player? I'm counting the pennies here as I would need a Receiver and Blu Ray player and was going over the various options. I wanted to check is there a £579 pack that offers both?

'So for instance for £569.90 - you can get a speaker pack worth £799 AND an excellent quality AV receiver as well thrown in! or for £579.90 - you can get a cracking 5.1 AV pack and a quality branded Blu-Ray as well!
    '

2) How much would delivery to Wexford and some appropriate speaker cable add to the overall price of either option?

Regards

Guys,

thanks for the posts and apologies if there has been confusion - Esel - the title was not meant to be confusing - but of course we do hope to grab attention and I thought we had explained the offer pretty well in the content - but clearly we have not :o.

The deal is - if you buy either of the 5.1 speaker packs - you can choose ONE of the Blu-Ray OR AV receivers per system at the silly price (£9.99 / £19.99 / £69.99).

If you wanted to go for the 5.1 pack AND an AV receiver AND a Blu-ray we will give you the 1st at the offer price and we will happily do you a Boardie special price on the 2nd - we have already done this for several Boardies over the phone and in-store over the last few days and if you drop us a line, post or PM we will happily quote for you guys.

Thanks again and we are here to assist so keep the queries / posts / mails and calls coming - if we can help we will do our very best..

ATB,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭White dargo

Hi John,

Can you let me know the delivery price to Athlone of Bronze Br2 pack plus VSX819 and cost of appropriate speaker cable as well please?

Cheers
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Fantastic deal.
    I was on the phone to John a few hours ago and bought the Monitor Audio Bronze Reference 1 BRW10 Pack and the Pioneer VSX819 AV Receiver.
    Thanks to John (and Kenny) for all their help and service.

• Advertisement

Hi John,

Can you let me know the delivery price to Athlone of Bronze Br2 pack plus VSX819 and cost of appropriate speaker cable as well please?

Cheers
    Paul

Paul - apologies for the delay getting back to you - roughly how much speaker cable do you need and I'll get straight back to you..

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Paul - apologies for the delay getting back to you - roughly how much speaker cable do you need and I'll get straight back to you..

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Although it'll only be around 14 feet from receiver to rear speakers, by the time I negotiate a door frame and a bay window it'll be more like 40 feet for one rear speaker and 50 feet for another :confused:

I was thinking of positioning the left and right front speakers near the tv, 3 feet either side, so no more than six feet needed for those. Including spare wire, a total of 120 feet seems to be needed (unless someone can suggest a clever way to reduce it :)).

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

Hi John,

You`ve changed my mind about getting the Q acoustics 2000 pack:-)

I will take the Bronze BR2 Pack (in black) and the Pioneer VSX819 AV Receiver off your hands (i`ll upgrade the VSX819 at a later point- this special was an easier sell to the OH:rolleyes:)

Can you please PM me with your number so I can call you tomorrow to make arrangements?

I`d like to fix the rear speakers to the wall, do the brackets for this come seperately?

Although it'll only be around 14 feet from receiver to rear speakers, by the time I negotiate a door frame and a bay window it'll be more like 40 feet for one rear speaker and 50 feet for another :confused:

I was thinking of positioning the left and right front speakers near the tv, 3 feet either side, so no more than six feet needed for those. Including spare wire, a total of 120 feet seems to be needed (unless someone can suggest a clever way to reduce it :)).

White Dargo,

Thanks for the post - OK for the complete Bronze Reference 2 Pack & a Pioneer VSX819 and 40 Mtrs of the excellent Gale Symphony 100 cable - and delivery to Athlone - I can do that at £679.95 / €799.99 (that's about £120 less than the BR2 pack on it's own normally costs!)

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,

You`ve changed my mind about getting the Q acoustics 2000 pack:-)

I will take the Bronze BR2 Pack (in black) and the Pioneer VSX819 AV Receiver off your hands (i`ll upgrade the VSX819 at a later point- this special was an easier sell to the OH:rolleyes:)

Can you please PM me with your number so I can call you tomorrow to make arrangements?

I`d like to fix the rear speakers to the wall, do the brackets for this come seperately?

Superleeds,

Thanks a million for the order - much appreciated - however I do think that you will be mightly surprised with the VSX819 - it's a real cracker of a Receiver and the iPod functionality is excellent.

I'm a bit all over the place tomorrow (about the only place I wont be in Ireland is in the office :confused:) so if you PM or email me your contact number I'll get one of the guys to give you a bell pronto to get you sorted - alternatively of course you can give Kenny a call on 0044.333.900.0071 (it's not a premium number, don't worry!)

Thanks again and chat soon I hope,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,

wow - that was a quick reply:-)
    I`ve left a voicemail with kenny but will PM you with my number for a callback today...

Thanks again

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey All.

We are working our way through all the posts, so if anyone has yet to get a PM give me a Kick and i'll get on to you.

The Monitor Audio Items for this post are now due next Wednesday and wil be shipped fingers crossed within a few days of arrival. :D

Sorry for the delay with these bits!!!

Just ordered my package, looking forward to breaking them in:-)

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey Guys.

Just a quick mesasge to say that All NEW boxed VSX819 have now been sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 del420t

Just purchased the BR2 kit with Blue ray. A cracking deal thanks - cant wait for delivery.

• Advertisement

John & Co.

I ordered this over the phone last week, on the 2nd to be precise. Payment has been taken from the credit card but I haven't received a call yet regarding delivery. I thought the lad on the phone said that payment isn't taken until the goods are being dispatched :confused:. I am open to correction on that tbf.

I was made aware at the time that you didn't have the speaker pack in stock but I was told that I might have heard something by Tue/Wed. Any news?

Cheers
    Paul

Delivery just arrived. How could I ever have doubted you!

Thanks as always.

My order arrived safe and sound this morning - can`t wait till 4.30 when I can leave work and open all the packages:-)

My order arrived safe and sound this morning - can`t wait till 4.30 when I can leave work and open all the packages:-)

Nice one, enjoy it. You can listen to Leeds win in surround sound next season when they're on Sky HD if you have the box :D

Nice one, enjoy it. You can listen to Leeds win in surround sound next season when they're on Sky HD if you have the box :D

Cheers - yeah will be watching the lads on SKY and BBC HD next year on our march to the premier league:-)
    Hope you enjoy the speakers too - this day is dragging in, I feel like a kid on xmas eve.....

Speakers look and sound great!
    I grabbed the first blu ray I could find (the rest are packed in boxes for my upcoming house move) -sherlock holmes and the DTS sounded amazing!

The receiver gave me fa couple of headaches (I didn`t realise I needed to use HDMI and audio leads (optical etc....), I thought I would only need HDMI.
    But thats not a major issue....
    Had a big issue with the OSD, apparently this only works with component video not HDMI.....

The ipod sounds great through the receiver just like john said it would:-)

I cannot wait to move into the house and set this up with the new panny p50G20 I`m buying next month

Thanks again guys for a great deal:-)

Do you do wall mounts for the Monitor Audio Bronze Reference 1 BRW10 Pack ?

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Do you do wall mounts for the Monitor Audio Bronze Reference 1 BRW10 Pack ?

Dead,

Yep we stock them in Black or White at £14.95 a pair - keep us posted, drop us a line of give us a bell if you would like a pair reserved,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Cool - You got pics of them ?

I need mounts for all except the sub. + postage/delivery to Westmeath .

Can you give me a final price ?

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Cool - You got pics of them ?

I need mounts for all except the sub. + postage/delivery to Westmeath .

Can you give me a final price ?

Dead,

I don't have a picture of them I'm afraid - they are sort of boring plastic thingies available in either black or white - they can take the Vector or the BR1 (they will work with the BR2 as well, but to be honest the BR2 is a little heavy)

The BRLCR does not have facility for a wall bracket - this would need to be popped on a shelf - unless you want to drill the cabinet?

They are £14.95 per pair so if you were going for a BR1 pack you would need 2 pairs - total = £29.90 - we would do free of charge shipping on these for Boardies,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Cool - I'll give y'all a buzz tomorrow with my details!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.