Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost in my home???

Options
2»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Dave! wrote: »
    Are you retarded? Honest question
    Dave! banned for 7 days for personal abuse and breach of charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 poppin candy

It seems im trynna convice people of somthing they are never gonna belive!
    After all seeing is beliving. I spend alot of time at home studying, so i know what i hear. Im very familiar with all the sounds my house makes. If i thought my house was "haunted" i dont think id be able to stay here alone. Ive never actually seen a "ghost"! I do get the feeling im been "watched" not alone like. As i type this my lamp is flickering constantly! I left a camer recording while the house was empty,there is a tapping i here right on the mic every couple of mintues,there is a noise i dont know where its coming from but its there a couple of times,some nosies im familiar with (like the air fresheners) others i dont know what they are im clueless, kinda sounds like my house is not empty,but there was definitely nobody home! So im just gonna leave it at that,thanks for all the advice,the electrician should be out during the week to see what the craic is.

stepdoyle wrote: »
    did the noises begin after that?

no they have been here since as long as i can remember!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭stepdoyle

no they have been here since as long as i can remember!
    are you the only family to live in that house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 CPI

Visit this website if you need help with ghosts in your house www.corkparanormalinvestigators.com

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭twilightzone

Hi guys,not too sure if im doing this right,but here goes! Over the past few years ive been noticing strange stuff happening in my home! Ive always thought there has to be some "reasonable explanation". Until one night my husband heard it for himself! Needless to say he was very shook up! It happens just as im about to drop off to sleep,i hear footsteps in my house! Womens footsteps,as it sound like high heels echo around my house,i have always put it down to my neighbours on my left (as i have none on the right) even when they go away,id say well maybe its someone watching the house, anyway same thing happened saturday night,around 3 in the morning it went on for quite sometime and then stopped,then started again! So the next day i decided to ask my neightbour if she happened to be walking around her room in heels after a night out,she told me straight as soon as she gets from her taxi,takes her heels of,she has her house carpeted too,and it also elderely,and would not be out till 3in the morning,this freaked me out altogether as we have always thought it was her! One night as my husband was drifting of to sleep he heard it for himself the first time! He jumped from the bed and went straight into the next room to see if the children were awake,they were fast asleep,he said it sounded like it was coming from their room,i myself was sleeping so did not hear it at that time! One morning at about half 6,as he was going to work,i was half asleep and we heard a loud banging coming from the attic,it echoed the house,it was like someone banging somthing very heavy (at that hour of the morning we put it down to birds,i have had birds in my attic a couple of years ago,but could not imagine them making such a nosie as loud as this) anyway later that evening he got into the attic,but there was nothing up there! And since we have moved into this house have ALWAYS heard what sounds like marbles falling on the bathroom floor when we are downstairs at night,again we run up to see if its any of the children awake (even though my children dont have marbles) but nothing! This marble/footsteps has been going on so long now,my neighbour was quite shook up when i told her everything,as she is a firm beliver in ghosts! I myself am used to it by now,but would really like to know what it is! Any advice would be really appreciated!

it seems like the spirit is a protective one. no signs of physical harm to you or husband and children would suggest the ghost is looking after you. definitly nothing to worry about!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭Milly33

Uh I would like to hear an udate with this...If it was still going on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Elle Collins

CPI wrote: »
    Visit this website if you need help with ghosts in your house www.corkparanormalinvestigators.com

Would you be able for those 'ghost photos'?! :rolleyes: You can see absolutely fcuk-all!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

the piano thing is creepy. Sounds like theyres something in another dimension living in the same house! :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

it seems like the spirit is a protective one. no signs of physical harm to you or husband and children would suggest the ghost is looking after you. definitly nothing to worry about!

I would tend to agree with this. The heels suggest female. Piano playing in the childrens bedroom suggests entertaining or comforting the children.
    You may have a protective spirit around you and around the house protecting you from the 'bad' spirit that the medium told you about two years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Margoobrien

Ticktactoe wrote: »
    I would tend to agree with this. The heels suggest female. Piano playing in the childrens bedroom suggests entertaining or comforting the children.
    You may have a protective spirit around you and around the house protecting you from the 'bad' spirit that the medium told you about two years ago.
    yep
    http://www.ghostgirlphantom.blogspot.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sinequanon

I am personally fascinated by this story. Is there any update poppin candy?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

One afternoon I was in the main bedroom with my 3yrsold kid (only us in the house) , at the corner of my vision I seen something look in to the room really fast, from the bathroom, I thought it was just me until my kid asked 'what was that looking in the door, Dad?.....well I tell you i nearly sh*te myself. I had a look in the bathroom and nothing there.
    It was black, not distintive, like a shadow.

I asked my wife many months later when we had moved about it and she had seen it to, but didn't want to admit it to herself....:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭NicoleL88

Any update?

Hi guys so sorry for not getting back sooner but the summer holidays have kept me quite busy! Anyhow the electrician came out and noticed a leak in a bolier which had to be replaced! So that was that! We replaced every bulb in the house and still the lights are flickering, some just go off for ages then decide to come back on! Heard the marble nosie several times since and the womans footsteps, but it has only been me who has heard the footsteps since. I was sitting in my room and next i heard it so i grabbed my phone to record it then it stopped! I was more annoyed than scared because everytime ive heard it it goes like "she" is walking up and then down but when i grabbed my phone i was waiting for the walk back up and nothing it was like it knew i wanted to catch it on recording. I am going to see a Medium next week to see if she can help me find out whats going on,so fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 laycolayco

Hi Poppin Candy,
    Your story sounds a lot like mine but with a major difference, I have seen the ghosts in my house and so have a few others. For the past 3 years we have heard footsteps coming up and down the stairs, what sounds like marbles dropping, music, tv and computer turning on in the middle of the night etc. I find that talking to it seems to calm things down. If something goes missing and we ask for it back it usually turns up. Our cat wont walk around the house on her own and at night the cat can ofter be heard hissing at something or meowing and running away. We started seeing this tall old man dressed in a black suit more or less when we moved into the house. He will usually walk straight past the TV when your watching it or we sometimes see him standing in the kitchen or at the front door. One night when we first moved in My boyfriend and I were sleeping on an inflatable matress in the sitting room while we painted the bedroom. I went out for a pint only to be called home by my mother inlaw. While sleeping in the sittingroom my boyfriend woke to a tall man standing over him. We also have a little old woman dressed all in white wearing a shall. I walked into her one night while trying to leave the house. She just stood there. I was freaked! THere is often a little girl either at the top or at the bottom of the stairs. A few weeks ago while writing down the Lotto numbers a 1 cent coin rolled accross the sittingroom floor. It is a bit freaky but you get used to it. There were a few frightening episodes too tho. I bought a house almost 100 years old and have re wired and re plummed everything so I know I am not suffering from leaky pipes or faulty electrics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ht360

Any update?? my neighbour asked me if i was up walking around my house at 4.15am early hours of mon morning in a pair of heels for about 2 hours?? she was freaked because she knew it wasn't me as im pregnant plus why would it? at that time! strange things keep happening in this house

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Wow, I hope you update soon popping candy! Fascinating story. I for one would love to hear what the medium says.

ht360 - Did you hear anything yourself that night??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

id say the ghost got the op. reply!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Would love to know how the op got on.no doubt she's forgotton us again :(.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

Hi guys so sorry for not getting back sooner but the summer holidays have kept me quite busy! Anyhow the electrician came out and noticed a leak in a bolier which had to be replaced! So that was that! We replaced every bulb in the house and still the lights are flickering, some just go off for ages then decide to come back on! Heard the marble nosie several times since and the womans footsteps, but it has only been me who has heard the footsteps since. I was sitting in my room and next i heard it so i grabbed my phone to record it then it stopped! I was more annoyed than scared because everytime ive heard it it goes like "she" is walking up and then down but when i grabbed my phone i was waiting for the walk back up and nothing it was like it knew i wanted to catch it on recording. I am going to see a Medium next week to see if she can help me find out whats going on,so fingers crossed!
    Since it's a quite a good amount of time your posting this message here. I am getting curious to know what happened next. Since it appears whatever the cause was annoying you it should have dealt with by now by your efforts.

Advertisement