Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ORBEA Alma bike

Options
  • 27-05-2010 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hello,

If any of you is willing to buy an ORBEA bike, please, read carefully.

On the 29th of December 2009, i bought an ORBEA Alma, MTB, from an Orbea Distributor Alliance (ODA), in the basque country. I got a decent deal as I am from the hometown where the bikes are manufactured (not anymore the carbon ones at least).

After 5 months of use, the day after my first competition i went to wash the bike, and i found that the frame was cracked on the back fork, just underneath the chain. I attach the report from ORBEA.

Being a lifetime warraty frame, made on Carbon Fibre, and being sold as the pretigious frame that Julien Absalon, World Champion on XC, they told me the frame broke due to some bad use of the bike. They think the rear derailluer hit the frame and caused the damage.

The result has been that after trying to deal with them for 2 weeks all i got was a deal from the bike-shop. They kept the broken frame and sold me a brand new 2009 model for 290€.

The bike, brand new costs about 2'5k and i had to spend extra money on a lifetime warranty product that they consider was broken by the rear derailleur set by them on the bike.

My point is, that how could a frame break because the derailleur hit it? I guess that then is due to a bad design of the bike, or not suitable derailleur for the bike.
    escanear0001wc.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

escanear0002n.jpg

escanear0003hd.jpg

p1040229x.jpg

p1040226i.jpg

Judge by yourselves, but you may consider bying bikes from this brand.

There have been some other cases that i know from another users. here a post from our spanish forum.
    http://www.foromtb.com/showthread.php?t=581011

hope this is usefull for you guys.

Advertisement