Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics formula

Options
  • 27-05-2010 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Hi.

There are a number of physics formula that aren't in the log table. Does any one have a list of them or anything?

With most of the formula in the logs I bet they will ask questions involving the ones that aren't in them.

I know a few myself
    W=eV
    Q=it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 L.C.Deirdre

I don't have any 'definite list', but I've never found centripedal force or acceleration...I really don't understand why left out that small few :\

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭dazco

I thought that too, but then I thought what's the point of bringing in new log books at all if their just going to ask the stuff that's not on it, the whole point of them being brought in is because we shouldn't have to remember them. Those other other formulae may well come up but I don't see why they'd go out of their way to ask loads of questions with the non-included ones......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭CantStandMeNow

I don't have any 'definite list', but I've never found centripedal force or acceleration...I really don't understand why left out that small few :\

Both centripetal force and acceleration are in the log tables. They didn't include every formula because they would just be repeating themselves. For example q=it can be gotten from W=vit an v=w/q which are both in the log tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭leavingcert

MY teacher gave us a list of all the formulas we need for the LC course, you can almost see ll the ones that are in it and the ones that arent
    If you want a copy of the sheet PM me and ill scan it for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 repeatLC

I=P/A (sound intensity)

• Advertisement
Advertisement