Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photo location??

• 27-05-2010 12:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have 2 shoots booked on 6th and 13th June in a hotel in Dublin, but the room hire cost is quite high. Does one have any suggestions where might be better to hold a coffee/lunch for 10 or so people each day but also have a room take family portraits??

Thanks

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

rameire wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have 2 shoots booked on 6th and 13th June in a hotel in Dublin, but the room hire cost is quite high. Does one have any suggestions where might be better to hold a coffee/lunch for 10 or so people each day but also have a room take family portraits??

Thanks

Which hotel/where in Dublin are you going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭rameire

bewleys in leopardstown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

bewleys in leopardstown.

As far as I can recall the restaurant in Bewleys is not too expensive, but if it's not to your liking, then The Leopardstown Inn (Pub) is not too far away (about 5 minutes by car).

Bewleys is probably the cheapest hotel in the area, have you haggled with them in relation to the room cost? Those are Sundays, chances of them renting a meeting room on a Sunday is remote.

You could also check for a bedroom rate, get them to remove the bed.

Are you stuck with being in Bewleys/Leopardstown?

Can you tell us more about the shoot and we may be able to offer more ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 great2000

Hi all,

Thanks

Hi,Good luck! My friend.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭rameire

dave66 wrote: »
    As far as I can recall the restaurant in Bewleys is not too expensive, but if it's not to your liking, then The Leopardstown Inn (Pub) is not too far away (about 5 minutes by car).

Bewleys is probably the cheapest hotel in the area, have you haggled with them in relation to the room cost? Those are Sundays, chances of them renting a meeting room on a Sunday is remote.

You could also check for a bedroom rate, get them to remove the bed.

Are you stuck with being in Bewleys/Leopardstown?

Can you tell us more about the shoot and we may be able to offer more ideas.

Well, I have got a meeting room for each full day for €100 per day. I neogitated this down from €200 per day...asked about renting a bedroom, but they dont have porters so werent able to help with this.

The shoot is for numerous parents and kids to get pictures taken at separate times but get together as well over a bit of food and coffee.

Nope not stuck on location either, just happens that I was near that hotel and got the offer that they could do it on a Sunday. Tried one other hotel in town but they wanted €250 for 2-3 hours use of an area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

alot of the pubs around there might have function rooms I would just ring around if you make it clear that they they will be paying for food you might get a better deal

Advertisement