Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thai Cookery Book

Options
  • 27-05-2010 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭

Any good recommendations for a book on Thai Cookery?

I was looking on Amazon and there is the "Ken Hom: Simple Thai Cookery" anybody know if this is of any use?

I got a present of a book on Chinese cookery by him before and thought it was good. Easy to make receipies without the need for too many hard to find ingredients.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 The Tasty Tart

Try the Australian Women's weekly beginners Thai book. Its really simple to follow. Its available in bookshops but I've also seen it in Tesco and Woodies. There is a whole variety of topics in the series but I think this one is particularly good! Have fun- I love Thai food:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I'm also on the lookout for a quality Thai recipe book.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I'm also on the lookout for a quality Thai recipe book.

I just ordered that Ken Hom one so I'll left you know how I get on with it.
    It was only £6.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

David Thompson's Book, Thai Food (Hardcover), ISBN-10: 1862055149 is the Thai Food bible - it deals with the history and cultural influences of Thai Food as well as giving a comprehensive range of recipes. Down side - ingredients are very hard to find and the approach is to make everything from scratch including all pastes etc.

Terry Tan's books are very good, Try Real Thai: From Pad Thai to Fishcakes (Hardcover), ISBN-10: 1903221668.

Advertisement