Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

instant tan

• 27-05-2010 12:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭

can anyone recomend an instant and wash off fake tan for very pale skin? just to get rid of the dreadful blue/white look :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭dcfc

Sunshimmer is good enough. It will come off tho if it rains so be careful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Sally Hansen! Can't beat it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 radioface

Hey Mimihops, Fake Bake do a really good instant as well. I think it's called Instant Bronze - it's in a hot pink bottle anyway and it's around €10. I'm also quite pale and I found the "light matte" shade to be really natural and it goes on easily.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Sally Hansen for defo, goes on amazingly. Get the light glow if youre unsure about how dark you want to be

Wouldnt touch off sun shimmer tbh, I think it makes people look like native americans with leprosy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

shellyboo wrote: »
    Sally Hansen! Can't beat it :)

+1 for sally hansen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Sally if you want to even out tone, Sun Shimmer if you just want colour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭amybabes

when i was 18 i used to love sun shimmer - however it can go horribly wrong, used to be 50/50 with me whether id get it on right, the amount of times i used to have to jump back into the shower and start from scratch after ending up a streaky mess!
    Also the rain used leave marks in it! lightly wash ur hands after being to the toilet and the tan comes straight off leaving you with tanned arms to teh wrist!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE sally hansen, only using it about a year now but never fails me, never organised enough to get the tan on the day before and work saturdays so great to be able to spray on an instant tan
    Oh sally what did i ever do without u! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭skitzyspider

I love the colour sunshimmer gives, it never goes streaky if you apply with a mitt but if you get caught out in the rain you are fecked:eek:

Sally hansen is good for your legs but on the whole body it feels like your caked in foundation:(.... at least the sunshimmer leaves your skin nice and soft.

The holy grail of instant tan for me would be a tan that looks and feels like sunshimmer when applied but doesnt come off in the rain and has the staying power of sally....I am yet to find a tan that does this so any suggestions would be more than welcome peeps:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Sally Sally Sally

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭LaMortis

How about all those tan shower gells and body moisturisers?
    I don't like fake tan, but i'm going on a holiday for 5 weeks and i'm gonna look like a freak being completely pale while everyone is nice and tanned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭littleoulme

Sally all the way!!!

Or I find the "little bit of tan" i.e the Dove summer body etc quite good.

I actually prefer the Garnier one out of all the them

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭blahhh

After having an ol' tan disaster yesterday, I inadvertedly tried every tan we own in the house.

Some neutrogena instant..disaster, smelled awful and was so patchy.

Rimmel sun shimmer.. too glittery

L'oreal sublime instant.. swear to god it was like instant sunburn in a bottle! :eek: bright red! And I absolutely love the lotion one that develops after a day... but yeah never using the instant one again

Sally in tan glow..or tangoed. Great tan, but I think the shade i own is a bit too orange, but the lightest one doesn't even show on my skin. Can anyone tell me is the medium nice? or too dark for irishy/but not v.pale skin?

My favorite tan is loreal sublime bronzer (the one that develops...not the instant), or the garnier one that develops, smells sooo nice too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Tan glow is a minging colour

Medium glow is grand, though i find it a bit more orangey than the others

I use the dark glow, but id only wear it going out really. Medium glow would be better suited to during the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Tan glow is a minging colour

Medium glow is grand, though i find it a bit more orangey than the others

I use the dark glow, but id only wear it going out really. Medium glow would be better suited to during the day

Tan glow is my favourite colour! Love it!

Advertisement